TIGERS/SHERMANS

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: TIGERS/SHERMANS

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:If you have a look on rctankregiment they have setup their forum in this manner and it works very well IMO.

David's been very helpful in getting my late tiger more accurate!
Easier right?...will have to take a look at that set up :D

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

tomugill, I've been waiting for someone to mention rctankregiment and their forum setup. It works for them because they have very few postings. If loaded down with all the things we see here I think it would be harder to use then what we have now.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I would disagree, if builds are split up by tank and maker then it makes it far easier to find things by virtue of the fact you don't have to wade through pages and pages to find things.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a personal view but if something is a current topic it always shows up in 'View New Posts' so I always see what is a live thread. It's my first port of call on any forum.

If there are fresh posts in a build thread then they appear, if I am looking for old info it's usually pretty quick to find it, though I often find that Google will throw up RCTW forum posts that I need, and if that doesn't work, I search Google Images and then visit the page.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

It is imperative that this be done...Categories are far more long lasting than two separate "POSTS" that display the names of TIGER thread..and SHERMAN thread for as you can see...both of those have faded away..."CATEGORIES" would stay forever...that way new members can with a glance ...look up a Tiger or a Sherman...which both have requests on which to purchase ...how to mod at the very least four or five times a month

Categories would provide an easy reference

Just do it Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3M5Y9oRaWg

ALPHA
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

Do you want dedicated areas for either historic reference or build reference?

For historic reference maybe single categories (its possibly worth noting that the paint references for some of the ones here are about as factual as star wars ) works but for build reference it doesn't. Wading through pages of mislabeled threads to find the ones relevant to your build would be frustrating. HL and Taigan share components, builds can be similar but not always, Tamiya tigers bares no similarities to HL or Taigan Tigers (except the idler adjustment).

I prefer the rctank regiment arrangement which is much easier to use to find relevant builds. It's quite common on other forums as well. If you're afraid of missing posts, click on New posts.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

billpe wrote:Do you want dedicated areas for either historic reference or build reference?

For historic reference maybe single categories (its possibly worth noting that the paint references for some of the ones here are about as factual as star wars ) works but for build reference it doesn't. Wading through pages of mislabeled threads to find the ones relevant to your build would be frustrating. HL and Taigan share components, builds can be similar but not always, Tamiya tigers bares no similarities to HL or Taigan Tigers (except the idler adjustment).

I prefer the rctank regiment arrangement which is much easier to use to find relevant builds. It's quite common on other forums as well. If you're afraid of missing posts, click on New posts.
You know Bill...don't think Historical reference is necessary for a Category per say... because if there are designated categories for TIGERS and SHERMANS.. those categories would be able to have builds as well.... usually when someone does a build ..they or others help them find the historical background for that particular build...I know I do R&R before a build...as many other do too...and like on Herman's current build...there is a lot of contributions

So...it could be said...that by just having the categories available...to show builds to their finality ...it would probably include all the historical info as well

From what I have seen...The two existing threads have proven their worth...as there are several brands ...and results from working on them...but as I said...the longevity of a thread isn't as consistent as Standing Categories :D

ALPHA
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Post by rayzzer-b »

:clap: Hi Mike .it's a great Suggestion not just for the tiger but each category of tank so the references fit each vehicle making an easy look up. Rather than trolling through stuff that don't coincide with the vehicle your interested in .yes Mike . thumbs up from me :thumbup: .Ray.
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
rayzzer-b
Corporal

Re: TIGERS

Post by rayzzer-b »

[quote="NickDonitz"]I think a dedicated Tiger area would be good and a bit different....info on one type all in one area...Great idea Alpha, though we would have to keep a brake on Alphas inclusion of cartoon bints and dodgy add ons and no pink or wierd camo either.. and no saying stuffs good when its naff n no...... and no....... and no...... and no........... and no ........ Oh goodness where would it all end

L
But I do think its a good idea.. :thumbup: Hi.. it's a great Idea and if certain people wish to model""" or paint"" there tanks strange or even inaccurate "" lol..we. Must not be racist to others.. ..we only on here to get advice or give. After all life's about sharing..
:thumbup: Ray...
time that's all it takes ,, TIGER 1,TIGER 2, PANTHER G, PANZER 4,KV1,T34,M3,M16,M4,M26,,251,CHAL
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

RAY Hi, You have my support 100% This Forum should be infinite in its acceptance of all things "ARMOUR" oh all right "ARMOR" whether it is pink or an unusual modification or an idea that has not been expressed before, That surely is our reason for being. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”