M4A3 at Denver Nat'l Guard Armory

For any reference material such as detail pictures that don't fit into the other categories. Please name your threads accurately!
sassgrunt
Sergeant

M4A3 at Denver Nat'l Guard Armory

Post by sassgrunt »

I visited my brother in Denver this past week, and he took me to see this Sherman. It has many unique features, such as the early extended hoods, but also a low bustle turret with a cast transmission housing. What I found really neat is that it also has the E9 suspension modification (which was the adapters that spaced out the suspension components so that they could fit extended end connectors to BOTH sides of the track to lower the ground pressure) although it has stock T48 tracks fitted. I was trying hard to make notes about it, and then I found this website which describes it in VAST detail, (it is the second one listed on the page).

http://www.usarmymodels.com/AFV%20PHOTO ... vised.html
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: M4A3 at Denver Nat'l Guard Armory

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sassgrunt,
Thank you again for the visit. It was a pleasure to get to meet you and your brother. Grifter says Hi. This site is very useful indeed. I will have to get to Denver to see this Sherman. It is gratifying to note that I got some things right on my builds.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Hi Painless;
I returned home to find that I couldn't access the internet at all, and had to wait for The Cable Guy to fit me into his schedule. Turns out it was their modem that gave up the ghost, and I'm finally back in business now. Thank you for the in-person tutorial on how to take & post pictures; so I may FINALLY be able to advance myself out of the Dark Ages! (And then, Alpha will have to buy a new tank for you; I believe the statement was....)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sassgrunt,
I, too believe that was the statement uttered by our inestimable friend. ;o) I'm doing the Show Off thread on 'In The Mood' today. Maybe that will give him some inspiration? ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

sassgrunt wrote:Hi Painless;
I returned home to find that I couldn't access the internet at all, and had to wait for The Cable Guy to fit me into his schedule. Turns out it was their modem that gave up the ghost, and I'm finally back in business now. Thank you for the in-person tutorial on how to take & post pictures; so I may FINALLY be able to advance myself out of the Dark Ages! (And then, Alpha will have to buy a new tank for you; I believe the statement was....)
Correction...buy a new tank for myself :haha: :haha: :haha: ...as I don't really need another... Painless got plenty... and I'm sure he will have his hands full with the next two builds... but if he needs any Sherman antennas... well.. I'm up for that :D

Nice site Mike :thumbup:

ALPHA
'
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Sassgrunt,
I, too believe that was the statement uttered by our inestimable friend. ;o) I'm doing the Show Off thread on 'In The Mood' today. Maybe that will give him some inspiration? ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
Image..................

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Other Reference Material”