Sherman M51; an accidental build.

brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Sherman M51; an accidental build.

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Yea looks like I'll have to do most of it myself don't mine that. It's the turret and E sprue that's the problem at the moment.Alexs has the gun barrel but that's all at the moment :( . Still I can get on with prepping the upper and lower hulls. Thanks for the info. Regards. Brian...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Getting the little details done, made up the photo etched straps for the jerry can holders. Very robust and not as fiddly as of feared. I've added a tow cable, some rust streaks on the stowage bins, painted the exhaust and aux generator exhaust and added soot.

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tom,
You have done a brilliant job of building one of these very complex and detail rich Israeli Shermans. I remember looking at the photo sets you were using to scope out the configuration for the rear stowage bin and seriously, your build is indistinguishable from the actual tank. Kudos!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

a bit late for me to say but a man as talented as you may be able to pull it off, if interested pm me it will make, I would think the only one done, but you may already know......superb tom ....wot wot
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

you can do it tom...... be the first......wot wot ......
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Mines got the general steel casting mark on though so would be without the bulge, if I understand you correctly! Far too late for that kinda jiggery pokery!
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

tomhugill wrote:Mines got the general steel casting mark on though so would be without the bulge, if I understand you correctly! Far too late for that kinda jiggery pokery!
that's correct no bulge ,on getting my book it gives details ,they purchased as many late cast m4a1,s these were used in the m51 programme and kept the radial engine ,then when the radial couldn't cope they decided to re engine with the Cummings,the second lot this was the B batch ie yours had the Cummings from the off if I have read correctly ......
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

So taken with the mg34 work people have been doing I felt ma deuce needed some loving. Scratched a cover for the ammo box, then added a live resin ammo and 50 cal ammo. This isn't so flexible and I did break another belt trying to get it right!

The 50cal started life as the hl offering, but with some brass, resin and chains I've tried to make it a bit more accurate.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Stunning :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

magnifeeco ,this is the best I can help with tom no colour pics only of the m50 turret,s the book is mainly on the A radial not the B Cummings

Return to “Sherman”