Sherman M51; an accidental build.

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Sherman M51; an accidental build.

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Herman,
I'm not sure if the Forum does the Master Class thing any more. If they do, Hotte's Panther G, Jeff1101's Panther G, Phil's Sherman, Tom's early Tiger 1, Tom's M51 here and several others come to mind. All would have my vote. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ordered one of my commander figures, think I know how to what I'm doing with the tarp...stand by for completion ;)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I would like this to be nominated for Master Class. No skirts- not a Tiger !! ..............
Master Class for sure.
Thoughts ?
I feel those who know they are good... don't need that kind of adoration... this build should be one of the first in a dedicated Sherman catagory...and Tom's Tunisian Tiger in a dedicated Tiger category

That way both can shine in the eyes of new comers who have the desire to do something new amongst others of course ...it would also provide a good platform for people who are in the market for a new tank...they can see all the different brands and also get a grasp of what is possible to do with them ;)

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

toms m51 on display at MAD meet there are no more words in the dictionary [mine] to describe it ...wot wot ..
palls mine into insignificance ....wot wot ......
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:toms m51 on display at MAD meet there are no more words in the dictionary [mine] to describe it ...wot wot ..
palls mine into insignificance ....wot wot ......
Well if you are going to compare Canned.... and this is no diss to Toms excellent build...but if you are going to compare a build
How about Fred the French's Duplex
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... EX#p115736
as a build it took way more skill... as everything including the skirts work.... the best thing...it's waterproof and can swim ;)

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I simply thought that to get a build into master class it had to be nominated...................those Duplexes also qualify.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I simply thought that to get a build into master class it had to be nominated...................those Duplexes also qualify.
Pros and Cons to the masterclass Herman...once a build goes there... there's no more replying to it....in a way... a build purgatory lol....so you can look at it...but no longer bring it into view...Personally it's kind of sad in a way... because premium builds really shouldn't be hidden away...I can think of a dozen or so more that could be nominated... but why freeze the thread ;)

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Seems I failed to actually order my lead foil.....this foolishness has now been rectified, hopefully will have the bits to complete this week. As an aside had her battling at the meet, she's rather good, having the IR emitter in the searchlight has worked wonders!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:I simply thought that to get a build into master class it had to be nominated...................those Duplexes also qualify.
Pros and Cons to the masterclass Herman...once a build goes there... there's no more replying to it....in a way... a build purgatory lol....so you can look at it...but no longer bring it into view...Personally it's kind of sad in a way... because premium builds really shouldn't be hidden away...I can think of a dozen or so more that could be nominated... but why freeze the thread ;)

ALPHA
Ahh, understand. Agree that it would be purgatory....................as you all were then.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
Ahh, understand. Agree that it would be purgatory....................as you all were then.
Yeah it kind of sucks when something looks good there...you can't ask questions or anything...not to mention many of the builds have been sanitized... this is better...that way say someone wants to look up Tom's build...just by replying to it ............it goes one your list of posts for future reference ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Tamiya Builds”