Crazy Joe's Sherman Rehabilitation

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Crazy Joe's Sherman Rehabilitation

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha, Thank you again! Recovering from a chest cold ( Snow and freezing rain in Colorado today and tomorrow along the Front Range ) over the last couple of days, I got up this afternoon feeling much better and decided to work a bit with the stencils and stowage. I still have some rope to install and a pin wash and weathering to do then those will see 'In The Mood' finished. Pictures:
Attachments
In The Mood
In The Mood
Unit markings
Unit markings
Unit markings.JPG (93.34 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
A couple of air recognition stars
A couple of air recognition stars
Tiny and good looking stenciling
Tiny and good looking stenciling
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Wow... the stenciling is really nice Painless... some nice precision ol Pale's Machine has...I kind of imagined the "in the mood " would be a little bigger ... but maybe that's because of the way I did it :haha:

;) ............. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Take care Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA

''
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Alpha,
I had Pale reproduce the Mato decals at 100% for the stencils. I could have made 'In The Mood' larger but this matches what is visible on the tank in that one action shot of Pool and his beloved Sherman. Your version is, of course, much more exciting to look at. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Alpha,
I had Pale reproduce the Mato decals at 100% for the stencils. I could have made 'In The Mood' larger but this matches what is visible on the tank in that one action shot of Pool and his beloved Sherman. Your version is, of course, much more exciting to look at. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
It's the scotch tape ....makes it very realistic :haha: :haha: :haha: ....I have to say though Painless... She is definitely improved
and now does bear close resemblance to the "In The Mood"

Can't wait till you make your show off thread for this one :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I agree. Much closer in form to the M4A1 commanded by Sgt. Pool than what I started with. I'll get off of my duff this evening and work on rope and pin wash and weathering. See how much I can get done before sack time.
warm regards,
Painless
Attachments
On the move
On the move
...Here for the Dawn...
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Looking great Painless. The stencils worked out really well :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I agree. Much closer in form to the M4A1 commanded by Sgt. Pool than what I started with. I'll get off of my duff this evening and work on rope and pin wash and weathering. See how much I can get done before sack time.
warm regards,
Painless
It's a great feeling reaching the end of the tunnel isn't it.... have to just repeat myself and say the result is outstanding... like a night passing into day
Pool's position is perfect
though I am now wondering if the other guy fell off :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
*chuckles* I'll do a better job of positioning the Loader for the show-off thread ;o) Straighten out the turret and what not. Playing with those figures that night was a little tiredness inspired funnytime. The tank is turning out nicely tho', I think.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Scalawag,
Thank you, my friend for the kind words. Pale Painter's stencils were spot on. The only issue I ran into was weeding the vinyl letters and numbers out after application of the stencil to the tank. My eyes get tired after a day at the laptop for work so I used a small led flashlight to bring the characters into definition as I weeded them out using an X-acto. I used to do this sort of thing day in and out for a living but that was a much younger me with perfect vision back then. ;o) I do not have an airbrush but these were pretty small so a couple of brushed on coats of Model Master flat White did the trick. I even reused three of the stencils since the vinyl they are comprised of is fairly stiff as well as self adhesive and got good results the second time around as well. ( Saved some of the weeding ) ;o) I have extra sets now in the inevitable case of needing a redo. Paint is fragile and tiny paint even more so. *chuckles*
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pinwash, Roped on Stowage and Weathering are complete. For all intensive purposes ( save a whip antenna due in this week with a visiting Friend ) 'In The Mood' is finished. Pictures:
Attachments
A few bits of stowage, some gas, rations and an oil can as well as extra mg ammo in both calibers
A few bits of stowage, some gas, rations and an oil can as well as extra mg ammo in both calibers
Weathering comprised a lot of dust and dirt with minor soot on the exhaust deflector.
Weathering comprised a lot of dust and dirt with minor soot on the exhaust deflector.
Weathering by Tamiya
Weathering by Tamiya
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”