flame thrower 105 sherman

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Re: flame thrower 105 sherman

Post by Panther Ausf G »

Like all good ideas, they sound ok at the time, but things can change your mind if it doesn't quite go to plan.
As Dietrich has been down that path and different views in different country's.

I used to have to have regular visits by the firearms officer check my guns, their location and my security system.
On one visit he noticed my Panther and showed an interest, asking a few questions.
When I mentioned the berretta blank firing gun, to one of his questions.
He wanted the turret opening up to show him.
The gun is secured at angle of 90 deg to the barrel, no chance whatsoever of anything coming out of it.
He advised when I used my Panther in public areas I should have the end of the barrel covered.
I explained we didn't fire the guns without advice and the permission of the show organisers first.
Certainly not at a people.
He went on about, Animals, dogs (guide dogs in particular). very young children and nervous people.

So what seemed to me at the time: - storing my tanks near my gun cabinets with the required alarm systems.
Not such a good idea after all.
We do not stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Panther,
Luna!, I can only imagine the riots that would occur here if an Officer was required to walk into your home to check up on your firearms on a regular basis. I live in a rural county in Colorado, one which voted to try to become a new and separate State (along with a few other rural counties) in the main because of new restrictions placed on the amount of rounds that could be held in the clip at once. Feelings run high about the right to bear arms in America. (an understatement, I know) I hope you still have your weapons and keep them safe and secure.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Post by Panther Ausf G »

Hi painless
It is a requirement by the police that licenced gun holders have to have firearms secured, preferably locked in approved cabinets which are securely bolted to a wall/walls. cartridges/ammunition, secured separately and all keys away from the vicinity of the guns.
The firearm's officer will visit by appointment each time the licence is renewed some weapons yearly others three yearly.
Criminals totally ignore this, have as many illegal weapons without regard.

My guns I sold five years ago, major surgery imminent, the guns had to go. Three 12gauge shot guns, Two scoped rifles capable of dropping a Stag around 1/2 mile away and a handgun. hence my high security.

The point he made was expect the unexpected, we live in a blame and claim society.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Panther,
"Blame and Claim" I could not have put it better. To illustrate: Having some friends over, ordered pizza, our two greyhounds love pizza crusts and go nuts when the delivery guy shows up. Totally innocent right? Well, Delivery guy shows up, I'm paying him, one of the guests grabs our male greyhound to try to quiet him down and hurts him. (greyhounds are all muscle and bone, no body fat so you cannot grab and hug them out of the blue) Guest gets bit. Nothing serious, we get out the alcohol wipes and a band-aid and the evening goes on. Two days later, we get a call from our Homeowners Insurance Agency. They are going to cancel our policy unless we get rid of the greyhound. Seems the Guest had a friend convince him to go to the Emergency Room and get looked at for 'Rabies' of all things. This was reported to the local Police. They picked our dog up the same day we got the call from the Insurance Agency. Once they verified that yes, our Pup's vaccinations were up to date, we picked him up , Cost: 100.00 It gets better: Homeowners Ins. pays part of the outrageous costs for this Guest's spurious visit to the ER. We have to pay the rest or get sued. Cost: 2000.00 dollars. Homeowners Agency drops our Insurance because we won't get rid of our greyhound. We eventually find another policy that covers the same stuff for more money but have to sign a rider that all dog injury related costs come out of our own pockets. End Result: We don't have people over to our home any more. I am sorry to hear that you had to get rid of your guns due to health issues. At least you still have tanks. I had to quit Motorcycling because of health issues (Tinittus) I kept my guns but never use them now. I got serious about RC tanks because I needed something fun to do since so much of the rest of my life was shut down. I understand where you are, Panther. *bows*
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Post by Panther Ausf G »

We only have guard cat these days.
Very expensive pizza, so much for inviting guests, but that's the way the grapefruit squirts these days.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

*chuckles* Indeed! We still see this fellow out and about at a local restaurant based Sketchnite' we run every couple of weeks. I am friendly and sympathetic when addressed but I think he knows that secretly, I would cheerfully kill him with the ketchup bottle or any of the assorted condiments on the table if provoked. ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

painless, you must be a very rich man eat at restaurant ......
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

CH, come and visit someday and we shall have huge Cheeseburgers! at a Restaurant!
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

I have to be restrained when I go to Majorca I hate flying 2 hours is my flying time then get fed up so the US is out unless you did a mr t on me but I would like to do some shooting in the US its a bit restrained to clay shooting over hear I HAD A AUTO 5 3shot [that's the limit over hear ] loved it but you cant let loose with a gun like that unless you had access to large amount of farmers land so it had to go it kiked like a mule it didn't like 28g shell it was a 63 magnum so 30g at least but its gone
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:*chuckles* Indeed! We still see this fellow out and about at a local restaurant based Sketchnite' we run every couple of weeks. I am friendly and sympathetic when addressed but I think he knows that secretly, I would cheerfully kill him with the ketchup bottle or any of the assorted condiments on the table if provoked. ;o)
warm regards,
Painless
:haha: Hey no need to be so subliminal :haha: ketchup bottles and condiments in the back lot ... it's on baby :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM1fkHQP_Pw
:haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “General Discussion”