PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

Post by ALPHA »

cupoftea wrote:You are most welcome Sir! That is one fabulous kv2 build. Very nicely done.
Hello CupofTea ....Thanks for the kind words... tried to keep her simple... your cable trick worked like a charm...At first I was going to use cable I bought from a hardware store... but because it was made of high tensile steel ..it was too stiff... and would bow instead of lay flat...so I was then going to use he stock plastic cables and use a heat gun to facilitate the fit....but these worked better.. the stator windings were too thin gauged to be used for anything else... after reading how you did yours... and seeing how you could fit it to the profile you wished... the bulb lit up lol

I will probably redo all the tanks in my collection that carry cables...not like this one ... might use thicker wire for those.. these two were perfect as they matched the thickness of the plastic ones exactly ...The one's on my German tanks are a little thicker ;)

So that's two tricks I learned from you Cupoftea....thank you again for allowing me to view your expert build :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
An excellent bit of added realism! I am quite anxious to see the final paint and markings on this beauty.
warm regards,
Painless
Might still be awhile Painless.... still taking in her simplicity ... and how clean she came out...and with the added bling... what can I say... there is now more to enjoy :D

Once in white... she might loose some of the little things that make her interesting...reason I'm holding off for awhile... but ... with that said... when I do finally paint her.. she will be debuted here

Thanks Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Finally got tired of her "bling" stage... decided to put her under paint :D

Now that she's under paint... I still find her to be a fine example of armor that once was... a formidable obstacle ... poetry in motion as well as statically posed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFmgKyP59QQ
ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I have to say that I LIKE it! That is certainly another one-of-a-kind model in your stable. It's a shame to cover up those scratchbuilt metal tow shackles with paint, though.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

sassgrunt wrote:I have to say that I LIKE it! That is certainly another one-of-a-kind model in your stable. It's a shame to cover up those scratchbuilt metal tow shackles with paint, though.
Yes indeed MIke... she did clean up very nicely.... and is certainly one of my all time favorites ...it was ashamed about those shackles ... especially since the copper was aging really well...but it was certainly time to give her personality... :D

Thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “KV”