Taigen panzer iv kit.

Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Re: Taigen panzer iv kit.

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Magnets to the rescue, the upper hull now attaches perfectly to the lower.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Spent the evening constructing a splash guard to protect the electronics and creating a shelf for the switches. I removed them all from the bottom of the tank and am now in the process to adding them to the shelf. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

TAADAImageImage

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Top job that man ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

That looks really good, And I just might copy that for mine. I know I'm selling the winter P4 but I still have the summer P4 and that's where I'll use it.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thanks for the kind comments gents. It's a really easy mod to do, just a few sheets of plastic and some careful gluing/ the whole rig is actually really sturdy I might add a final brace to the front when I get home. Next step is to relocate the sound control. Hopefully I will find some spare time this evening to construct a new box and mount it.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

The ONLY drawback is IF those steel gearboxes need to be replaced... <knock on wood> Hopefully never happens in your tank owning lifetime...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Von Mooflesaaa wrote:Gearboxes have been mounted. Now figuring out how to attach the upper hull. I'm thinking pixies, fairy's and strong earth magnets. Image

There's not a lot of real estate inside a PZ IV at the best of times. :think: One problem fitting gearboxes like the ones you've installed, is that the terminals of the two motors are perilously close together.
What I've done, in the past, is to unscrew the mounting screws on one motor; rotate the motor through 90 deg, where there's usually another set of mounting holes, and then refit the motor in the new position. That way, there's no danger of the terminals getting shorted out. Now that you've moved on to another stage, perhaps you won't want to revisit the installation- but it's as well to be aware of the potential problem.
I had the same issue on my Cromwell and Comet builds, where the terminals would have actually touched unless I'd bent them, or relocated them with a 90 deg twist as I did here:
I'm impressed by your overall approach, though, anf anticipate a potentially drool-worthy PZ IV at the end of it all :thumbup: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

Thanks boss. Yeah there really is not a lot of room to work with. I agree that I am praying the gearboxes last out as it's going to be a pain to refit them if they fail. Tonight I've spent the evening constructing a new switch box to hold the sound control unit. Was a bit of a pain to get everything lined up and not interfere with the bow MG. However time, Patience has won through. Image

Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

I'm looking at adding extra track armour to this build. Specifically I want to add tracks to the front hull. Does anyone know where I can pick up some track links from and a retention bar. I picked up a set for my Tiger 1 build, it came with metal tracks and a metal retention bar but I cannot for the life of me remember where I picked it up from. Anyone have any suggestions. I am also toying with the idea of sanding off all the tools and the moulded in treadplate and then adding photo etch treadplate and all the tools. At this moment I am just toying with the idea as it would be a huge amount of work. Thoughts, Ideas, should I just say screw it, throw the wallet to the dog and just go for the utter madness?
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV

Return to “Panzer IV”