Late Tiger 1 build 1/6 Armortek

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Late Tiger 1 build 1/6 Armortek

Post by Johnf »

Hi they are bloody expensive beasts and storage is a problem. I am trying to talk a couple of friends inyo helping me to build a proper workshop and display area in the garden. Models like the Tiger are extremly difficult to move. How do you transport one when you drive a mini? That shoild make a good video. I had seen lees site before. I would like yo get into biilding or restoring models for others but this unlikely due to where i live. Not many large scale tank builders here. My collection is growing. A panzer IV is next. I will try to spend a lot less on that build as I find a lot of the nice upgrade parts can be homemade with a little effort.
Panzerjager
Recruit

Post by Panzerjager »

Hi John,

You're doing a fantastic job on your Tiger. I really like all the extra detail you're adding and you're paint job is great too. It really does help inspire when people like yourself take the time & effort to take the photo's and post them on boards like this, that for me is part of the fun. Keep the photo's coming John.

Thanks Antony
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Thanks Anthony, It's great for me to have a record of the build. Nice to look back at how it has progressed. I will add more photos soon. Have zimmerit on both sides complete. Finish the rear and deck details then get the hull painted. Then get the electronics in. More photos soon.
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

New bump stops from Steve Winstone. Also som castellated nuts.

Tracks back on and motors fitted at last.

[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Very nice john, shes coming together now
Regards cliff
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Thanks Cliff,
Front mudguards now fitted.

Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Jumping ahead here to some turret detailing. I am attempting to make some periscope detailing parts for the commanders cupola. Here are the first parts from which I will make a mold and cast in either white metal or resin. I would like to fit some prisms also. I might try some crystal clear resin but it depends on the costs.

Johnf

Post by Johnf »

My cupola periscopes are now in production. Finished a few sets. They will fit the mid and late Tiger 1 and also I believe the King Tiger.

Next phase will be to make clear resin inserts. I have some crystal clear resin which I believe can be polished and even tinted.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Very detailed John, I wonder would really thin LEXAN work for you? It is the material I was considering using? The material I have was the lids to small parts containers the Hobby shop had on close out sale. Almost the perfect size.

I'll test fit one and send you a picture,very fine detailing,you have certainly done a fine job on this Tiger. Did you think from the start you would be detailing to this level?

Excellent,really fine work.

Blake
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

A lot more to do. Hope to have it finished by now. Maybe next spring.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”