A Winter '23-'24 Group Build?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: A Winter '23-'24 Group Build?

Post by Kaczor »

I'm glad that everything is settled :) I have the Sherman IIA project from the 1st Polish Armoured Division up my sleeve.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I see two already thinking of a Sherman variant. I'm thinking of a Sherman, too, but I need more time to stew on it. :think: Have you heard of the new two-volume Son of Sherman? I pre-ordered it through David Doyle books here in the U.S. It was expensive enough that way. Now it's really costly! However, the book is enough to choke one on detailed Sherman information and photos. Wow!

Armor Modeling and Preservation Society review: https://www.amps-armor.org/SiteReviews/ ... x?id=15133
Armorama review: https://armorama.com/news/david-doyle-s ... nd-edition
On David Doyle's web site: https://daviddoylebooks.com/us-military ... whg2-588x7
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

When any of you decides on a build to which you are reasonably committed,

please send me a PM
  • identifying the military vehicle
  • whether it will be a winter theme (any year, any nation) and/or the 80th anniversary of D-Day (vehicles of Western Allies from Overlord to the end of WWII)

I will keep these messages and set up a list on about October 30.
Meanwhile, this thread can be used to kick around ideas toward our individual decisions as to which build to do for this fun.
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:41 pm Have you heard of the new two-volume Son of Sherman?
Every Sherman fan has heard of the book, but unfortunately it is published in absurdly limited quantities. Then it is resold at even more absurd prices ($500 on ebay).
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:58 pm When any of you decides on a build to which you are reasonably committed,

please send me a PM
  • identifying the military vehicle
  • whether it will be a winter theme (any year, any nation) and/or the 80th anniversary of D-Day (vehicles of Western Allies from Overlord to the end of WWII)

I will keep these messages and set up a list on about October 30.
Meanwhile, this thread can be used to kick around ideas toward our individual decisions as to which build to do for this fun.
Done,
done
& Done.

See you guys out there soon.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Ecam

Post by Ecam »

I'm thinking a Sherman-ish (variant) project too.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"Unfortunately it is published in absurdly limited quantities. Then it is resold at even more absurd prices ($500 on ebay)." I have the original one-volume Son of Sherman, but I had no idea that people are trying to get so much money for it. Now the new two-volume set expands and revises greatly on the original one-volume, and I got it reserved (pre-ordered) for 150USD, but any still available after all the reserved books are shipped will bring much more. Geepers!
Meter rat

Post by Meter rat »

PM sent.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

The list of builders is growing in daily. This could be fun and there is an interesting variety. I try to check daily, but from the 6th through the 20th I will be in Scotland and will catch up after I get back.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Well I won an Ebay auction on Monday that I could Not pass up. I have Never done an Ebay auction before. Definitely fun to lowball and win, And it was from Toucan.

So today, at most 36 hours later after winning this arrived-

Perfect platform for my part of our project.

This is my second tank from Toucan and my second very good experience with them.

Can anyone explain exactly what a "Promotional Version" is or how it works for distributors?

What I got is what the "Professional Version" is sold at Motion RC; steel gearbox, metal tracks, metal sprockets, idlers, suspension swing arms, for $90. less. Almost the same price as Motions entry "Upgrade Version".
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “General Discussion”