Latest Ukraine war fashion for your T72/T90

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Aussie
Corporal

Re: Latest Ukraine war fashion for your T72/T90

Post by Aussie »

trampoline.png
New model cope cage.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Aussie,

God that's good! I nearly wet myself laughing and woke the dogs up in the process! :haha: :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh, Aussie! That is brilliant. Speaking of brilliant... Camouflage your T72 with about 5000 lbs. of dirt and grasses; then paint a big white Z on it. What is z sense of that?
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Saw this photo of an eastbound train in Poland heading towards the Ukrainian border.
WechatIMG211.jpeg
WechatIMG211.jpeg (95.24 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Meanwhile in Odessa..
WechatIMG213.jpeg
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hmmm :think: :D
I guess the top one should be MBT.

Please click to open :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG-20220315-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220315-WA0003.jpg (26.04 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

T72 meme.jpeg
T72 meme.jpeg (55.98 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I believe the price of scrap metal is also pretty good at the moment :D :haha:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

This "Javelin cage" model on a T-72B3 is quite high, allowing for more crew comfort, but extremely weak.
Javelin cage on T-72B3
Javelin cage on T-72B3
Obviously an attempt by the Russian crew to detonate one of the Javelin's tandem warhead, keeping the ERA blocks to protect against the main charge. However, we can see there are not many ERA on top of the T-72B3. The whole tank would need to be covered.
T-72B3
T-72B3
Capture31.JPG (69 KiB) Viewed 930 times
It will be interesting to see what will be the future of tanks. It seems to me that the future in wars belongs to aerial drones and cheap missiles. Russia did not send any of their tank drones to Ukraine so far. Their Uran-9 combat drone having performed poorly in Syria, but it has potential. We can see the writing on the wall for the MBT during a war between two well equipped and trained armies. Big tanks are just too vulnerable.

Really anyone, including civilians, provided with latest generation hand held AT missiles and a short training video can destroy a tank column in a few minutes.
Uran-9 combat drone
Uran-9 combat drone
Capture32.JPG (80.83 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Conor
Private

Post by Conor »

lmcq11 wrote:We can see the writing on the wall for the MBT during a war between two well equipped and trained armies. Big tanks are just too vulnerable.

Really anyone, including civilians, provided with latest generation hand held AT missiles and a short training video can destroy a tank column in a few minutes.

Since I'm building a Merkava at the moment, I've done a lot of research into these tanks, and the israelis have adressed this very effectively by using active countermeasures to actually pop the warhead before it reaches the tank. Apparently this is so successful that they are considering not replacing the Merkava 4, instead subsidising it with a fairly thin-skinned, APS-equipped machine for the type of conflict they predominantly encounter nowadays.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Conor wrote:Since I'm building a Merkava at the moment, I've done a lot of research into these tanks, and the israelis have adressed this very effectively by using active countermeasures to actually pop the warhead before it reaches the tank. Apparently this is so successful that they are considering not replacing the Merkava 4, instead subsidising it with a fairly thin-skinned, APS-equipped machine for the type of conflict they predominantly encounter nowadays.
Yes, it's the Trophy counter-measure. But its a complicated and costly system to install and operate, only IDF and US M1A2C got it. But that will probably work until some AT missile producer designs a decoy projector as part of the missile warhead. The game of counter/counter measures will never end.

Return to “General Discussion”