Re: Profiline Jagdpanzer IV conversion

Post by c.rainford73 »

or this one......
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Bill what electronics so you plan on utilizing in this?
Tanks alot.... :wave:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

It came with a non S&S 27 Mhgz system. I've got another 27Mhgz radio with the MFU laying around so I might just use that. Just don't have the freed up funds available right now to convert it to 2.4. Something I think I'll do down the road a bit.

Kind of waiting on parts right now. I think I might try my hand at making some schurzen mounts for it.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I could probably get you photos of the tamiya skirts?
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Ad Lav wrote:I could probably get you photos of the tamiya skirts?
That would be great! I've got some drawings, but they only go so far. I really wanted to do at least the mounts and had been trying to decide on the skirts, or not.

Thanks,
Bill
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Instead of getting arrested by the park Police for rummaging through trash cans for discarded lighters ---"No Honestly Officer" :haha: Go To
http://www.ukbolt.co.uk
Type Compression Springs NOT TENSION Springs in the search box, You want ---
0.8 mm X 4.7 mm X 15 mm
A pack of ten costs £8.51
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick, Poundland or www.ukbolt.co.uk has to be better than getting cavity searched by the constabulary after telling them that all you were doing in the Park was searching for "Panzer 4 Fender Springs" :lolno:
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What makes me weep is how much cheaper our Tanks might be if we were not chucking so much Plastic in Landfill and places of outstanding natural beauty instead of recycling it :thumbdown:
Shaun.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

capt midnight wrote:It came with a non S&S 27 Mhgz system. I've got another 27Mhgz radio with the MFU laying around so I might just use that. Just don't have the freed up funds available right now to convert it to 2.4. Something I think I'll do down the road a bit.

Kind of waiting on parts right now. I think I might try my hand at making some schurzen mounts for it.

Bill
G'day Captain, I may be able to assist with the electronic upgrade !!
I have one last tank, a Tiger 1, that still has an '18 system in it.
Due to a shuffle of stuff, this tank is due to receive a new brain.
I can take it out & send it with the other stuff if you like, OR, I suggest you get hold of Eric at IMEX & see about securing one of the new Taigen V2 electronic systems..........the ones they have in the new Panzer IV's.
I have a new PzIV in my house right now with this system in it(not mine), I got it running last night and promptly received a warning from the Minister of War & Finance...........
"Really ??...................Now ??...........one $#$@# TV show I want to watch & YOU want to &^%%$#$#$ about with that noisy thing NOW ??!!!"

I will happily rip my stuff out if you want, but mate, if you can secure a new V2 set from IMEX, I suggest you do so..........
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Back on this one now. Got the Thoma shields finished up on the PZ IV. Here's the progress over the last couple of days...

I made up schurzen mounts for the hull. Not sure yet if I'm going to do plates for it, or not.
Schurzen mounts
Schurzen mounts
Many thanks to Herman for a care package from down under. Here's the hatches installed. This is actually the first set of these that I've installed that open correctly! :haha:
Hatches installed
Hatches installed
Hatches opened
Hatches opened
I made mounts for the spare road wheels out of some copper wire and got them mounted to the aft hatch.
Spare road wheels installed
Spare road wheels installed
Here's the bare mounts.
Road wheel mounts
Road wheel mounts
Sprayed a primer coat and also got the base color coat on. You can also see the correct drive sprockets installed. Thanks, Herman! :thumbup:
Painted 1
Painted 1
Painted 2
Painted 2
Painted 3
Painted 3
I think I might start on the dots tonight and see how far I get. I'm really liking how this is coming along.

Just a quick note on the schurzen mounts. I sacrificed some scale look to make them a little more robust. I soldered 2 layers together then soldered these to the mounts. I drilled the mount plates and used pins to hold them to the hull. If you decide to make up a set of these, install them just prior to painting. After I put the darned things on, it was like wrestling a porcupine! I managed to get cuts and scratches up to the elbows on both arms. Lesson learned! :{

Bill

Return to “Panzer IV”