New WPL B24 Gaz truck!

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: New WPL B24 Gaz truck!

Post by Max-U52 »

If I order the trailer from asiatam i'll pick up some tires and we'll see what happens. All depends on the size of the Christmas bonus.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

My GAZ still says "processing". Anyone else had any luck? I'm starting to have serious doubts about Gearbest.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

In same boat.
I have also requested dispatch faster and I have contacted support to ask what is taking so long. I am getting close to cancelling and asking refund from Gearbest. If not at least from my credit card. Shame because everything else ordered via them has run smoothly
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think it's another case like when they first advertised the trucks. They're taking money for something they don't yet have in stock, and not telling us that this was really a pre-order and once they get the GAZ trucks they'll ship them. I really don't like companies that do that, as I think it's rather deceitful. Here it is December and mine still hasn't even shipped, and might not until January, but they never mentioned that when I ordered it (and paid for it) in November.

And now they're telling me the tow shackles I ordered on November 5th won't be here until mid-January. I don't really mind the wait, it's the dishonesty that really toasts my buns.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Totally agree
I read a message they sent me and it says they are very busy however they expect within 3-7 working days the busy period will calm so they can prepare my order for.shipping. We will see.
Had I known I would have had more original trucks on order to tie me over Christmas. I wanted to do a GAZ and then a 6x6 M35. No point ordering more trucks as they not going to get here on time.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Will01Capri wrote:Totally agree
I read a message they sent me and it says they are very busy however they expect within 3-7 working days the busy period will calm so they can prepare my order for.shipping. We will see.
Had I known I would have had more original trucks on order to tie me over Christmas. I wanted to do a GAZ and then a 6x6 M35. No point ordering more trucks as they not going to get here on time.

I think the regular trucks are shipping pretty quickly, it's just the GAZ that they don't have. I've told myself I should expect to wait 30 days for any truck from the far east, and that seems to help keep the frustration level down.

Too bad about that big puddle between us, Will, or I'd just loan you one of my trucks to tide you over til yours arrive. ;)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Haha thanks for that lol.

If I can't work on the tanks or trucks, I have a.couple other models to attend to.
Or I really should get on with finishing the old Ford in the garage. Need to get it ready for a 302 small block.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

This must be progress, my shipment has been packed ready for shipping out!
Now looking forward to when they arrive.

Hopefully the Christmas money will be put towards a few more as i want to make a 6x6 & possibly a 8x8!
Any word on the 6x6 WPL release?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Mine says packed, too.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
'Packed' as well so hopefully soon. ( and noted as shipped on the 20th ) Huzzah!
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”