Super Pershing

wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Super Pershing

Post by wibblywobbly »

Decided that cutting the turret up was not the best idea in the world. Hydraulic rams work, eg inner/outer tubes and hinges at both ends. Still need to finish the counterweight off. Not much is glued together as I will have to paint parts before I can permanently attach them.
Attachments
DSCN1110.JPG
DSCN1113.JPG
DSCN1114.JPG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Quick work buddy. Putting me to shame and I'm not custom building anything!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

To be honest 80% of building one of these is thinking about how things go together, where they go and what looks right. Still can't get my head around the turret length though? Maybe the Tamiya is different, I noticed that the rear side toolboxes aren't sloped on the HL, so maybe they made a few 'adjustments' so that they could fit their elevation motor and gearboxes in there?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

W.W.,
Quick, dirty and effective! Just like the original. Well done, Sir!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Wibbly here are a few pics of the Super P I did for Gareth the one I made for Dave is pretty much the same but is Tamiya. Turrets are pretty much identical. the counter weight has the four supports below it also I made the turnbuckles that support the fenders. also the engine hatch covers have different handles than standard. Dave has Metal barrels in stock that are perfect
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Just a few pics
Attachments
DSCF7474re.jpg
DSCF7443re.jpg
DSCF7470re.jpg
DSCF7455re.jpg
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

wish id taken some more pics of Daves as I was building it ,,if I find some ill post them
Attachments
DSCF7319re.jpg
DSCF7305re.jpg
4c4dedb4-d5dd-4dd8-90be-424b2c350f00.jpg
4c4dedb4-d5dd-4dd8-90be-424b2c350f00.jpg (26.28 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thanks for the pics Nick, much appreciated. I have looked those turnbuckles on the original a million times, will have to try and make some out of styrene , that will be fun.
I saw Dave's, it was lucky that I spotted a cheap one on Fleabay a week later, so got that, and set to work.

Cheers

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Had a bit of a nightmare this morning. Primered the upper hull with the remnants of one tin, and then used a new one (different brand) to complete the job. I check on it 30 minutes later and the dreaded crackle finish is appearing. No idea what caused it, but rubbed down the affected areas, and gave it another go, and it was all fine.

Gave it a going over in US Dark Green, and then decided that my 5 -8 year old cheapie airbrush has a needle that has seen better days, so I ordered a whole new one. They are only £30. Once that gets here I can get on with the rest of it.

Need to get hold of some half round styrene rod to add the strips on the front mudflaps at some point.
Attachments
DSCN1129.JPG
DSCN1128.JPG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

W.W.,
I'm really excited with your work here! I would hope that someone with a 3D printer would give some thought to manufacturing the turnbuckles that _all_ Pershings used on their fenders. I've seen several takes on them including real life museum approximations and my own take on last year's Pershing build and a set of plastic ones with turn in mounts would be preferable. Especially if they would be in wide spread use by modelers to give us some realism and similarity to the real thing.
regards and following along,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Pershing”