Dicker Max

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Dicker Max

Post by tomhugill »

Michael your fat max is superb! The servo recoil is a work of art, look forward to seeing him painted.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Thanks MichaelC for your videos and you pictures explaining how and what you did. and you built a nashorne
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Late last year. I really enjoyed that and started looking for others like the Dicker Max......

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11907

It has a camo now I should post some updated pics.

MichaelC.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

MichaelC thanks again for posting your work, it is exceptionally well done.makes me want to scratch one of thous also,but now that I'm out on a disability it has become harder for me with less moneys coming in . but I will try !
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

MichaleC it has been a while since our last communication on line here, can you tell me how you open the tank for repairs,where the two parts top and bottom separate and what you use to keep them together when running them.
I still have a lot to do on mine it has been real busy here,and not much time was left to work on the tank,I will be using the Clark 35k sound board as you had to give my self the most amount of space. with this did you need the amp to boost up the sound or was it loud enough.
if possible would you be able to post some pictures showing the separating points of the upper and lower parts of the tank.
You did a fine job on the Nashorne as well. thank you for your help.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

CHIEFSONN,

Just a quick update. I decided on starting to use Lipo batteries for some of my tanks, so I ended up back with a Tk-22 PzIV board and a small size Lipo that will actually fit in the middle section as you can see in the picture. I am not into really loud sound, so I didn't really see any difference between the Tk-35 and the Tk-22. The bigger problem I believe was the placement of the speaker, as I have use a Taigen metal tub lower hull, and there really isn't an opening I can stick it to on the top hull. If I had a plastic lower I could just drill some small holes and have the speaker firing downwards, but then space is still an issue.

In terms of the mounts, I glued two rare magnets to the top front hull which is styrene, and created my own mounting post with magnets in them as you can see. That takes care of the front of the hull. The back part of the upper actually slides over the lower in an angle, so I just need to make sure the back slides over first and then the front just snap in with the magnet.

Hope this helps !
DSCN0799.JPG
DSCN0800.JPG
DSCN0801.JPG
MichaelC.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Thanks MichalC That is how the way in which I was heading. on yours in the rear is the plastic going all the way down or is it metting half way? I have mine at this time going all the way down,but with this there is no difference between in height between the rear idler mount and the back the wall.this is one part of the build that might have to be over looked by the rivet counters.I was hopping to have the rear doors/hatches open but maybe not. at this time I am fabricating the breach block ,gun mount along with some of the other parts to the main gun that being 10.5 as it was. so as to get an Idea of the size servo to use that will not be seen if so.as soon as I figure how to post photos I will post them. I thank you for all your time Wayne
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Hey Wayne,

Looking forward to seeing the pics. The back plate right now is metal half way up, and then the top hull back plate comes down the whole way as way so they overlap and that's how they stay together, which makes it impossible to open up the two back hatches unfortunately. My rear is the same as yours, will be overlook by rivet counters for sure. It is a bit of a hack but I can't do much unfortunately with the Taigen metal lower.

Because I keep the metal lower, the idler mount is in the same position as the original lower.

MichaelC.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Thanks Michael that is what it looked like from the pictures you posted.the Muse look good i will keep you posted on the up dated work and pictures. that is something i'm going to have to try this week sometime.Thanks again Wayne
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Dicker Max - Redux

Post by MichaelC »

Hi all,

Just want to show off the magnificent paint job and weathering from dgsselkirk on my Dicker max as it is finally done ! Didn't recognize it when I first saw it painted.........
Attachments
DSCN0948a.jpg
DSCN0947a.jpg
DSCN0946a.jpg
DSCN0945a.jpg
DSCN0944a.jpg
DSCN0943a.jpg

Return to “Panzer IV”