Movie Tanks (I know its not a real battle)!!!!

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Movie Tanks (I know its not a real battle)!!!!

Post by BREL »

just watching the battle of the bulge and can't help wondering that is there something that the yanks did not tell the rest of the world after the war
like did they really design the pershing and Paton tanks, because I have just seen a whole squadron of Paton's attack the American lines.
which German tank are they supposed to be
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

fastest thaw I have ever seen in a film LOL
hunterkiller
Recruit

Post by hunterkiller »

What were the tanks the Yanks used for Shermans in this film,and why did they not use real Shermans anyway? There were plenty around, look at Kellys Heroes for instance.:D
oz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by oz »

the tanks were m24 chaffee,s
hunterkiller
Recruit

Post by hunterkiller »

Do you know Oz,I have never heard of the M24 Chaffee. It looked like a very lightweight tank anyway. If I was in one of those when a Tiger was spotted I would be up and out of the turret before you could say OH S**T!!! :-\
oz

Post by oz »

you would have to be very brave or really desperate to take on a tiger in one of these.........
                cheers oz.
hunterkiller
Recruit

Post by hunterkiller »

Yes thats the tank Oz,I still love the part in the film when the tank Telly Savalas was in gets hit by Robert Shaws so called Tiger.Theres a loud bang and all of a sudden the turrets gone and Telly Savalas is sat looking up at the sky,and he still wants to fight on!!-priceless.
oz

Post by oz »

its still gotta be one of my favorite war films of all time, i have the extended version and half way through the film stops and the words intermission come up on the screen followed by the theme music.............CLASSIS FILM.
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Its one of my favourites too. I first saw it in the '60s in Cinerama and it blew my socks off. I'm sure it was the one thing responsible for my tankoholism. And I still love watching it despite its many faults.

Cheers
Chris ;D
wargar
Lance Corporal

Post by wargar »

Battle of the Bulge can't be beaten especially when the young Panzer Crews start singing. I'll throw some others in the mix:

Stalingrad
Enemy at the Gates - Pz111's

and my personal favourite "Cross of Iron". This was the training film when I first joined up, I can remember being tought that this was an example of possible Soviet tactics.

Dave

Return to “Movies”