T34 v Tiger PC Game

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Re: T34 v Tiger PC Game

Post by BREL »

Oz I could get it to load and then it played the videos and then froze with random bits of the start screen where you choose sides ect flashing like subliminal messages
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just read these - I will see if anyone has the answers on PanzerSim. There were probably solutions on the Lighthouse site but they deleted the damned forums!

Here are some other solutions to problems:

If you wish to select a target manually, do not select F, G or H. Use only Insert, Home or Page Up.

In multi player, host the game in Expert mode, then everything is manual control.

There are sometimes games on GameRanger, but not as many as there used to be.

Standard version works ok on Gameranger, but MMP4/5 do not always work?

GameRanger - Join Game:

Open Gameranger
Scroll down and see if TvT is being run by anyone.
If it is then click join, you don't need to ask first.
If there is no green light next to the hosts name then they haven't booted up a server session yet, so simply say hi to them in the dialogue box. They will then boot up a server.
If their session is already running, or there are several people with green lights showing, then simply click join and TvT will start automatically.
Select Multiplayer.
Now the clever bit.
Select Join after deciding whether you want a T34 or Tiger.
On the server screen:
Press F9
Numbers will appear at the top.
Select Join
Numbers will appear at the left side.
If these numbers update twice and freeze then do the following:
Put the cursor in the IP address box
Hit the backspace key 20 times to remove invisible spaces
Type in the IP manually
Select Refresh
If that doesn't get you in:
Select Back
Select Join
On the server screen, don't touch anything if the numbers on the left are updating.

Ports:

To host and join you need to forward ports 25857 for both UDP and TCP

To resolve other problems:

Q: Game crashes to desktop upon starting
A: Some Window configurations dont have msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll installed. These files are required to run the game. Download both files from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?msvcr71 and copy them to your (?):\windows\system32 folder

Q: Game crashes upon playing intro videos.
A: In order to display the introvids, the latest videocodecs are required. There is a codecpack that helped a lot of people with video or sound problems. The k-lite-codec pack can be found here: http://k-lite-codec-pack.softonic.de/)installing this pack might solve your video problems. Alternatively, deleting the intro vids from the game directory (not recommended) forces the game to skip the vids and fire up the game instantly.

Application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found:

That error is caused by MicroSoft and there DirectX development ideals of DirectX9. Reinstall DirectX from MicroSoft's website or find the individual file on there download site.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

I have given it a try with the dll's downloaded and the codec, still no luck :-\
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Sorry, haven't been back to this thread for a while. Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling it? Mine goes awol sometimes, and a re-install fixes it.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

hi Rob I have just installed the game again for the god knows how many attempts and I get an error message saying can't create 3D driver any ideas, but the strange think is the game still runs OK
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Oops, missed this one.

I get that too, no idea what causes it, but as you say it still runs ok. I sometimes find that if I exit the game and start again, the message doesn't appear. It may be something to do with 3D configurations in the driver software for your monitor/graphics card, though I am just guessing.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tanktop
Private

Post by tanktop »

hi fellow tank nutters, i see almost everybody seems to be impressed with t34 vs tiger.I purchased the game some time ago and was looking forward to playing this game and it arrived in the post and tyred to install, but the code would not work i tyred this many times but no good,so i contacted shop & they said the game must be faulty and i should contact who made the game (lighthouse.com) after 4 or 5 emails no responce at all,so back to the shop sent a new copy number 2 which did not work, then copy no 3 which was no good.
So in the end i got a refund and purchased (company of heroes tales of valour) its great play Germans or Ailis an it worked first time.

ps i still have copy t34 vs tiger,that dosent work any body got a code that works.
aha well back to company of heroes and blow up afew more tanks.

regards tanktop
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Are you typing the code in correctly??

You need to include the dashes between the groups of code. It would be a billion to one chance that all three were faulty. The code usually works first time when it is typed in correctly.

also try www.hitenter.co.uk/tvt
I created the site as Lighthouse went bust months ago, and it provides most of the answers that players are seeking.

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jrc
Corporal

Post by jrc »

I just got the game and had same problem, the code is printed so small you can't tell oh from zero, 1 from I and 2 from Z. Luckily the had provided another key in case of problems and it worked.
Once loaded I like it and I'll like it a lot better once I can get my Tiger through phase one! I keep getting plastered by the Ruskies.
we fight not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom, which no honest man gives up but with his life.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Oh just wait till you join Gameranger, there are some incredibly good players on there, take you out from a mile away!  >:(

Try hitting a T34 between the rear of the turret and the front of the fuel drum, that was the weak point, hitting the sloping armour at the front was the worst place to hit one, though straight down the barrel works, or the drivers hatch if it is open.

Funnily enough I always take a T34 online as it is a faster tank and a lot more manouverable through the forests (though going through the forests is called 'camping' and is frowned upon).  :-\

Rob G
aka TvT_Addict on Gameranger
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Games”