New debate on the issue of your choice in battle

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
Saxondog
Captain

Re: New debate on the issue of your choice in battle

Post by Saxondog »

FORD GAF ENGINE 400-450HP MAX. I used this site for my comment,it was not from any knowledge I had. If the Engine were 500HP I cannot dispute that information as my Allied tank knowledge is not very extensive.

I will say this,if I were to chose an allied tank,and this one I do know alot about as it was so interesting and my kind of tank M18 HELLCAT radial engine equipped FAST TANK. Shoot and get the hell gone!

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/de ... rmor_id=64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/ww2-tanks.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
FreakyDude
Corporal

Post by FreakyDude »

mustclime - cult of german tanks?? I must say that the the German Panther and Tiger II were the best tanks on the Battlefield and it is not because I am brainwashed :/ .
Your link to a pershing hitting a Panther on the side with 3 shots does not convince me of anything different.
The links posted earlier of the Super Pershing well I do believe they say there were only 20 made and 1 went to europe.
As for the Pershing itself, well there is no historical evidence that it was much better than a suitable tank. It basically missed both europe and the pacific theaters. In Korea it held its own against the T-34/85 which in my book is not a super great feat.

Still Tiger in any theater ( well maybe not island hopping ) against any Allied Tank.
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I must admit I am a little bias about Grossdeutschland Tiger Units,but more from the accomplishments. They were called on to battle overwhelming odds constantly for years,and in the end they were punished by the Western Powers and turned over to the Russians.

This was wrong,Grossdeutschland was the home army of Germany. Not Nazi trained ,but professional military officers leading well trained German volunteers.

And this debate continues to have the same practical result,nothing more. Members are simply chosing the best equipment from that era. So I was thinking of another debatable question,simply this-

What ALLIED AFV would you prefer to use in WORLD WAR II? Must be an AFV that saw combat on any front?This includes Africa,Asia,Europe,Norway,Russia,Finland, an any I may of overlooked.

My choice remains M18HELLCAT as the AFV of choice,fast,fast,fast, It is better to run away and live to fight another day.Enjoy guys it's all in fun... :thumbup:
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Centurion. There's a reason it became one of the best tanks in the world after the war.

They did have four built and in France before the war ended so it is a WWII tank.
magmer
Lance Corporal

Post by magmer »

Agreed, the Centurion was an outstanding tank that only just made WWII. It went on to see operational service in many theatres of conflict and was the first tank to go into action in the 1991 gulf War (reference tank rebuild, channel 4).
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Perhaps the battle of GOLAND HEIGHTS? Not sure but believe the Israelis used this tank in early conflicts with Arab nations. Certainly they used WWII equipment,but the questions remains and the Centurion does qualify as a WWII Tank.

Another fine mess I have gotten us into, carry on and enjoy the debate.

Perhaps a petition letter to Heng Long or even Tamiya demanding British Armor in 1/16 scale might have some positive effect. Based on the number of tanks one shipping container would hold how many signatures would be needed?
magmer
Lance Corporal

Post by magmer »

Centurions were exported worldwide, and they were used by the Israelis. Built from 1944 and last saw service in the first Gulf War they had a long service life and were respected by their crews. There is a real static one on a roundabout in Leyland (where they were built) will have to go and get some photos to post. It would be great if Heng Long produced one. Lets start a petition!!
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I'm all for it,and know who to send it to. We should,as that may influence them,after all they have just about completed the AXIS ARMOR and litle of the allied is left but the Centurion. Of course it would be best if we asked for other forums to sign as well. Possibly we could get Heng Long to post a sign up tab on their forum,and then we could canvas the web sites about this hobby and link the H/L SITE for others?

Any ideas? This could help,and Heng Long wants to reach out. I'm willing,what do you think? I have the CEO'S e-mail,and we have a mutual friend who may ask him point blank about our idea. Saxondog,
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

The site link, their is another access level for VIP Members, but this is best for checking out their progress and keeping up dated on their new products.cheers

http://www.henglongtoys.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
magmer
Lance Corporal

Post by magmer »

Thanks Saxondog, I think Dave at Forgebear has contacts with Heng Long. Maybe he knows the best way of getting through to them.

Return to “General Discussion”