Super Pershing

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Super Pershing

Post by tomhugill »

Wardog wrote:Its a easy convert, but in your case you have gone the extra mile.
Not if you do it properly!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some more done! 3AD black camo added, I'm not sure if I will modulate the black but it's starting to look the part.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Thank you!

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Filter and first round of pin washes on, wanted to darken things down a little and tone down the black. Also added some decals. The references I have of her before the scrapyard show a USA and what looks like a two digit number on the side (numbers illegible so I had to guess). Lighting in the kitchens a little funky but I'm pleased so far. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

This is rather cool. Excellent looking tank Tom :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

These are a hell of a tank on the move. The barrel is all out in front & must be looked after when travelling over bumps so that the muzzle doesn’t dig into the ground !!
Nice example Mr Hugil
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Wardog wrote:Looking good,what tracks are you going to run on.pershing or the kv1 which is right for this model.
On my henglong pershing I have their metal tracks,is there any other track I can use .which gives a bit extra width.but keep the same running gear.

War dog
The tracks he mentions are impact ones, and shows them in his very first pictures in his very first posting on the very first page at the very beginning of this very interesting build thread :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Wardog wrote:
Wardog wrote:Impact yes are they kv tracks. Any way I'm of to build
Tank looks great anyway :clap:
Hi Wardog, they're impact t81 tracks, correct for a wartime.pershing.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tom this looks spectacular. I cant believe it's a Pershing. So cool with the blended colors and black. What electronic bits will power this monster.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Started on the weathering, streaking and dot filters. This was complicated by some issues with the paint, the ammo colours I used are acrylic but some how the when it soaked in the turpentine I used to streak the oils just took the paint off down to the primer. This meant I couldn't manipulate the oils to the extent I normally would. I think a coat of future and then testors dullcote should give the finish some more resilience and give a base to finish weathering. I've also painted the tow cables, rusted the exhaust, machine gun and done some.other touch ups. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pershing”