Re: el-mod not responding ?

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

that idea of 'popping round' may not be as far fetched as it may seem! :D
infact, theis is a model show behind morrisons in weston super mare next saturday, i may be going to that and i think some of the other lads may be going as well! :D i mean, bristol's not to far away i dont think, unless i am holding my map up the wrong way lol :D

so about the fuse, where should i install it ? so your saying i should buy a sorta trip switch, but where would i put it ?

cheers,

Matt
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

..and the other daft thing is that I came straight past Weston up the motorway at 4pm today on my motorcycle.

What's this model show, tell all?

I have just been looking at the manuals that Jake gave you the links to, which one do you have? Is it one of those? If it is then it looks like there isn't an inline fuse required.

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

erm, pete (fleshpedler) told me about it today, i dont really know any more than that other than i think its 11 till 5 ?

i honestly havent a clue which one it is,

oh and i clipped a servo into channel 4, and it wouldnt owrk when i activated channel 4 ?

cheers,

Matt
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

wait, i just tried clipping a servo into channel five and it worked! :D yippe ! :D

but i tried turning the turret as its sposed to work before ignition ... and guess what ... nothing :'( :'(

cheers,

Matt
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Aha! We have lift off.

So you say Ch5 worked, but what happened? If Ch5 activated then I assume that you are in 6 channel mode. In this case, was it the ignition or gun/mg that activated?

Or something else?

One thing you could try, assuming that it is in 6 channel mode, is to install all 6 Elmod leads at random into the receiver box.
Then try each stick slowly in all directions and see what happens.
Then try the switches and see what happens.
If you are really lucky you will be able to see which leads need swapping around.

If you can put the Elmod in 4 channel mode (I don't know how you do it with your set up) you can leave out the two leads for channels 5 & 6, and you should be able to activate everything from the sticks. That way at least you will know that the board is ok, and that it is just a matter of connecting the right leads to the right sockets in the receiver box.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

hey,

i dont know how you switch between 4 and 6 channel mode ??? i only have the leads coming from the el-mod boards to take up 4 channels ...

mind i had this exact same problem when i clipped in my 4 channel futaba controller ...
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

matt with the old elmod as we have, you have to change chips to go from 4 channel to 6 channel
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

oh right lol :D

well if it helps the chip i have (in the booster) is the thinktank booster 1.30m prop .... make sense to anybody lol ???

cheers,

Matt
The Blitz
Lance Corporal

Post by The Blitz »

The chip change is in the TLS if you want the 6 channel setup the TLS chip should say Thinktank TLS C4 1.20

I know that is confusing but the 6 channel system is called the C4 the standard prop TLS just says TLS  1.20

The Blitz
RCTankWars.com
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

buggernuts ... im running TLS version 1.19 :(

Return to “El-Mod”