Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
I'm probably going to leave the lower hull and running gear as is. I swapped the broken nylon gears out last year for metal ones and new plastic tracks and sprockets. The tank runs great now, ( little light in the bow but that is a common issue ) They do make a set of adjustable idler mounts for the Pershing in conjunction with some metal idlers so I will give it some thought.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon,
Alpha, you're reading my mind. I'm just waiting for parts again. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Yup me too.... reason the L70..has come to a crawl ;) That and making a retractable sound control... and incorporate that with a periscope :crazy:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

PainlessWolf wrote:Pale,
I'm probably going to leave the lower hull and running gear as is. I swapped the broken nylon gears out last year for metal ones and new plastic tracks and sprockets. The tank runs great now, ( little light in the bow but that is a common issue ) They do make a set of adjustable idler mounts fot the Pershing in conjunction with some metal idlers so I will giive it some thought.
regards,
Painless
I have not been able to find the tensioners for the HL. Do you have a link?
strmnd54
Lance Corporal

Post by strmnd54 »

palepainter wrote:It will be cool to see how you upgrade the HL suspension, if you go that route. I found that the lack of track tensioners on the kit
virtually made the metal tracks a waste of money at the local battle field.
I made my own track tensioners for my Pershing 2 years ago and they are still working very well...
I was afraid at the time that they would bend out of shape because they're made off aluminum; but that never happened..
The only maintenance I did on them was to tighten the screws mounting them on the chassis; due to normal wear out...

The spring action has proven very forgiving when driving on pebbles....
http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=9366
Heated debates on climate changes contribute to global warming!!!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Doc,
These say that they work with the HL Pershing. New sets of plastic arms can be gotten from this site if required as well: http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/prod ... set-p-1391 Full metal suspension set: http://tankarmy.com/heng-long-tank/prod ... ons-p-1036
regards,
Painless

RCtank.de has these as well:
http://www.rctank.de/HQ-PERSHING-M26-ra ... ing-System
http://www.rctank.de/HQ-US-Pershing-M26 ... l-sprocket
http://www.rctank.de/M26-metal-road-whe ... metal-arms
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Post was good this afternoon with a modern deck and airgun equipped turret from the inestimable Forgebear Team and Squadron Signal's M26 Pershing in their Walk Around Color Series by David Doyle. This book is amazingly in depth and will prove most useful. Waiting on some detail bits and the MFU and TX from Mato Mart. That will tell me how much of a modern wiring harness I need to come up with. Pics:
Attachments
Squadron's excellent color walk around book on the M26
Squadron's excellent color walk around book on the M26
The  Heng Long Pershing has come a distance in the years since I first received mine
The Heng Long Pershing has come a distance in the years since I first received mine
Ready for modding...
Ready for modding...
Modern turret with nothing attached
Modern turret with nothing attached
Everything arrived safely due to Dave at Forgebear's excellent packing
Everything arrived safely due to Dave at Forgebear's excellent packing
Turret and Deck from different Pershings
Turret and Deck from different Pershings
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Did HL fix the barrel length? 8O

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Heck no. The barrel is the same length and diameter as the original one from years ago. Elsewhere, a little soldering will be required on this replacement turret airgun motor but it has the two pin plugs. ;o) Same with the deck turret rotation motor tho' there is no MG led hooked up to the bow. The old one should suffice with some soldering. There is a refreshing lack of glue globs on these pieces. I'll dig around and find a wiring schematic pic of what goes where like I had to do on 'In The Mood'
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Heck no.
:O ......................................... :haha:
The barrel is the same length and diameter as the original one from years ago. Elsewhere, a little soldering will be required on this replacement turret airgun motor but it has the two pin plugs. ;o) Same with the deck turret rotation motor tho' there is no MG led hooked up to the bow. The old one should suffice with some soldering. There is a refreshing lack of glue globs on these pieces. I'll dig around and find a wiring schematic pic of what goes where like I had to do on 'In The Mood'
regards,
Painless
The 2.4 rig wires the same as the RX18....The only difference is the small board on the hull of the new ones...most of them have the additional three pin plug for the gun...should be an easy hook up once you get the rig :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Alpha, yes, it came with the small board up front. I found some pics and it looks like the MG wires in there. The three pin plug from the main gun goes there as well as the eight pin to the MFU. I will need a wiring harness to get the eight pin cable and a new pinned battery hook up but they are available and not very pricey. All is good. ;o) When your barrel comes in, it should work with either mantlet, shimmed or not. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the tank and dropping the fat, stubby one it has worn all this time.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Pershing”