Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

Post by ALPHA »

sassgrunt wrote:It is looking REALLY great, Alpha. Now, all it needs is proper markings and for the tank commander to transfer vehicles. -Mike
Hey thanks Mike... the color came out a little richer than my previous mixes...but I think I nailed this one....what's to follow is the tools and yes the decals... I'm going to leave the figure as she is... :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Looking Good! The details stand out, even the small ones, to add an air of realism to the Panther. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

like it old chap ,the sand colour is spot on for me, I like sand more than drab ......wot wot
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Looking Good! The details stand out, even the small ones, to add an air of realism to the Panther. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Looks rather subdued to me lol................. but the details that were put on...do help...the vents will actually help keep the inside of the tank cool... and helps a great deal with the sound :thumbup:

Thanks Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:like it old chap ,the sand colour is spot on for me, I like sand more than drab ......wot wot
Hey there Canned....she couldn't be any other color lol...How's that tammy Sherman coming? Think she would look great aside this one... send her over ASAP :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Done................... I think :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry gents... the sun was very strong... so I had to switch positions for the photos... so not too many of the details.... maybe later :lolno:
The very serious commander :D

HAPPY TANKING GENTSImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Looking show ready I would say. The paint looks spot on. Another great addition to your Armory. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Looking show ready I would say. The paint looks spot on. Another great addition to your Armory. ;o)
regards,
Painless
I felt I needed this one.... it really allowed me to relax a little..Had thought to seal her and do some pin lining as I really like this tank..but if I did she wouldn't fit anymore.. did get a little more fade to the exhaust... you cant really see it... as I couldn't get low enough
But all in all she was a fun build :D ...now I can jump back to my L70... as I also had a chance to experiment with darkening the yellow...so soon KUROMORIMIRO will have another addition to that stable ;)

Thanks for the kind words Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

yes old chap must say one is impressed wot wot .....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:yes old chap must say one is impressed ..wot wot .....
Thanks Canned.... You should get one lol... they are a lot of fun to work on...almost like working on the Shermans... everything is separate as far as tools and such...so nothing that needs special attention or tools..the LED was sunk in pretty well so it was easy to cap it off...the hatch is spring loaded...and I think has a metal handle...I also found some of the castings were actually better or just as good as Tamiya...She's also a very smooth runner
The only thing that bothered me were the aftermarket Tracks... the tolerance is very close... so as you can see...the paint has already been stripped off the teeth of the Sprockets 8O
I like this tank... probably more than the Jagd :D

Thanks again Canned :thumbup:

ALPHA

PS.Hopefully more pics later...the sun was way too strong today... had a bad case of shadow casting :thumbdown:

Return to “Panther”