Dicker Max

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Dicker Max

Post by ALPHA »

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: ...That recoil unit is really nice :D

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Looking great MichaelC, love the recoil
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

What more can I say excellent
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Michael.
This one is a gem in anyone's collection. Excellent work!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Thanks for the kind words guys........ It is my first CNC cut styrene project (All resins up to this point) and it is not as scary as I thought. Might try my hand on another one if the right tank comes along.
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

Really like the recoil Its almost as fast as the real thing would be rather than the slow motion action most people seem to strive for. HL recoils may light up at the end of the recoil cycle but they are very fast. I worked on and fired just about everything the American army has used and believe me when I say it takes less then a second from the time you pull the trigger to; recoil, eject the spent cartridge case and be sitting there with the breech open ready for the next round.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

greengiant, really appreciate your insight. I have always thought that the recoil should be fast, but the return should be slower as it is control by the recuporator so I always think that the Asiatam recoil where they use a spring to control the return is the most realistic. What are you thoughts on that ?

Also I seem to recall that there were some thread talking about fixing the flash timing issue with the HL recoil by either relocating the trigger switch or mounting the recoil backwards ?!?!? Am I crazy ?

MichaelC.
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Wow MichaelC that is one hell of a sweet job you did on putting that dicker max together,love the recoil and the sound you have coming from the tk 35 it is awesome. I do think as I mentioned to you that I to am also building a dicker max that i had built from scratch it also is a first time foe me using plastic sheets brass etc. so said I will be going also with the tk 35. and I would like to ask you how did you hide the servo, and what kind of servo did you the voltage rating on the servo , did you need to set up a trinity chip to control the speed. I have no experience with servos at the moment but know that I will soon need to . the operation of the recoil is excellent . did you do anything with the speaker is it still in the same spot as it was in your picture? would you happen to have a video of the tank starting ,rolling turning etc thank you for the post and video.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

CHIEFSONN, thanks for the kind words. I don't have the skill to scratch build, and I even cheated a little and paid Frank extra to put the upper together. I wasn't too sure if I can do the angle right, and there is lots of angles on the Dicker Max. I wish I can scratch build since the sky is the limit. Just a quick update, I decided to go with a smaller Lipo battery so really I don't need to use the Tk35 any more but this one will stay since I don't have other plans for it. The Lipo would sit nicely in the compartment underneath the gun and won't intrude into the electronic cavity. I should then have space for either a larger speaker or two small ones, but I am quite happy with the sound.

I will try to get a video of it in operation tomorrow and post it, as well as a picture showing the servo. The servo is completely controlled by the Clark so I don't need to do anything else other than plugging it in and figuring out the direction of the control arm. The recoil and the return timing are all pre-defined in the the Clark board. The servo I used is a HiTec HS-81 micro servo.

The speaker is still in the same place but I think I cranked the volume up so it is nice and loud.

Stay tuned.

MichaelC.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

More picture and videos for CHIEFSONN !
DSCN0701.JPG
The servo actually anchors the back end of the barrel to the hull. Similar to what I did to my Nashorn and my Jackson. I tried different variations but this way hides most of the servo and seems to be the most effective way of doing it and gives the best linearity. I use to do servo recoil with the servo mounted on the side but I find that I have to deal with the twisting motion too much. I could have branch the flash wire out inside the tank before it gets to the breech block and it will definitely look much nicer. I just pretend it is the igniter cable.

For some strange reason the recoil stop working yesterday (The control arm keep swinging too far forward and pushing the sliding breech off the rail) so I decided to replace the length of the control arm with something longer. After some adjustment I actually got an even better (stronger and longer travel) recoil out it. Notice that the recuporator rod was pull so far out that I didn't even paint it (it is still in dark yellow).

http://youtu.be/BdL7obMD05s

And here is the running video I took. MG sound is just that, didn't mount an LED other than the canon flash and the Notek light. Runs pretty well on flats anyway. Max throttle by the way so it is a good realistic and steady pace. Don't know about scale speed but it looks the part anyway.

http://youtu.be/qja46crXAVg

Enjoy !

MichaelC.

Return to “Panzer IV”