Heng long T34 first images

tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng long T34 first images

Post by tankmad »

Looking a lot better Phil easy fix I would keep my eye on those plastic tracks they are starting to rust already.
Stevie
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks again Phil

Finally did the mod... took a little while because i did something stupid.. but once that was sorted out.. it was easy as cutting pie.... looks great now.... and runs without any complications ....
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Very impressive solution to the problem ... Shall we christen it the "PhilFix" .... probably going to be the standard
Mod to all T34's ..... a classic

"Thaumaturgy" (from the Greek words ????? thaûma, meaning "miracle" or "marvel" and ????? érgon, meaning "work") is the capability of a magician or a saint to work magic or miracles. It is sometimes translated into English as wonderworking.[1] A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle-worker.

Like your style Phil
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Wildboar44 wrote:.
Very impressive solution to the problem ... Shall we christen it the "PhilFix" .... probably going to be the standard
Mod to all T34's ..... a classic

"Thaumaturgy" (from the Greek words ????? thaûma, meaning "miracle" or "marvel" and ????? érgon, meaning "work") is the capability of a magician or a saint to work magic or miracles. It is sometimes translated into English as wonderworking.[1] A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle-worker.

Like your style Phil
HEAR HEAR!!! I second the motion :D
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Stop it now I'm blushing!

At the moment I'm still modding my Sherman but I think I'll drag my T34 out of the box and start looking at it a bit more to see which bits need doing. Saying that I could by wise to wait a while because I'm sure someone will bring out track tension kit and other cool bits!

To help glue the blocks in place I used super glue and then baking soda sprinkled over the wet glue which sets rock hard.
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Phil,

I was surprised to find the HL leopard comes with track tensioners although not very useable so maybe same with the t34.

Ian
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Tankbear wrote:Hi Phil,

I was surprised to find the HL leopard comes with track tensioners although not very useable so maybe same with the t34.

Ian
Apologies for jumping in Tankbear.... No such luck with the T34... tensioner wise...On the upside ..maybe Phil will invent one :thumbup: ... as i haven't located an aftermarket upgrade either...just hope he doesn't Patent it before sharing the idea :haha:
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Ian[/quote]

...just hope he doesn't Patent it before sharing the idea :haha:[/quote]

I had a thought last night about the track tensioners, if i order two of those giant woodlouse (the ones that curl up when they are moved, from the rain forest) and glue them to the hull with a bar running through their little but many legs out through a slotted hole in the hull.

I think it would work because every time the tank hit a bump they would curl up giving you the tension you want.

Just order two from Amazon..... ;)

..and Patent applied for 8O
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

:haha: :clap:

Hentec do a tensioner for the t34.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

can't find T34 Hentec adjusters. Looks like amazon have sold out of giant woodlouse, but have some giant pythons though!
Last edited by Phil on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “T-34”