Taigen ( Fancy Heng Long ) Panther G

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Taigen ( Fancy Heng Long ) Panther G

Post by PainlessWolf »

Thank you, Guys, the encouragement means a lot! 13th Day work was all fun. Began by touching up the headlight and barrel travel lock from last night. You always see much more when your eyes are rested. Then, taking up the picture wire again and some heat shrink tubing, I made a realistic coil of track repair cable. TaiGen's molded piece is just too perfect and plastic looking. After that, I cleaned up the C-hooks and painted them with some braunviolet, a color I had selected as being close to some of the illustrations of paint on hull mounted accessories in the Panther GQFCD book. I also painted the nice metal bucket which will be the capper for this build. ;o) I started on the fire extinguisher but set it aside to finish tomorrow night. My pre-painted Commander came down to have a look and his expression speaks for itself. Of course, my camera battery needed charging so all I have tonight are pics of the finished work I did. At least it charges quick. More fun tomorrow.
Attachments
Pre-Painted Tank Commander googly eyes over new bucket and fire extinguisher
Pre-Painted Tank Commander googly eyes over new bucket and fire extinguisher
Pre-Painted Tank Commander googly eyes over new bucket and fire extinguisher.JPG (87.19 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Radioman's side C-Hook
Radioman's side C-Hook
Radioman's side C-Hook.JPG (86.61 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Driver's side C-Hook
Driver's side C-Hook
Driver's side C-Hook.JPG (87.71 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Usable Track Repair Cable
Usable Track Repair Cable
...Here for the Dawn...
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Nice progress, your Commander looks like a bloke I saw at the bus top this morning. Its amazing how fashion comes round again (head phones were white this time round).

:D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Phil,
*Chuckles* I'll unleash my rudimentary figure painting skills on the good Commander here soon. Luna knows I can't do much worse than he looks now.
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning EF,
Don't be too hasty, you could end up with someone like ol' Scarface here. (( To be fair, he showed up distorted and I did what I could to see him back in the turret of his King Tiger. )) ;o)
regards,
Painless Wolf
Attachments
Take these pills twice a day and you'll be fine...  Next!
Take these pills twice a day and you'll be fine... Next!
Figure B.jpg (77.97 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
Whoa!
Whoa!
Figure A.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

14th Day work involved ordering up a couple of sprues of Tamiya Panther parts so that I could have the correct shutters for the intake grills and the hatches for the storage boxes. After I decided to use those track slack rollers behind the sprockets, I can't find them anywhere for sale. I'm currently looking around the house for something like Jeff1101 used but if it becomes a bear to locate, I can wait til' later to add them. I'm still on the fence as far as the small hooks for lifting the fan housings. Some Panthers had them and some didn't. Whew. As for actual work, I have a nice fire extinguisher. I'll put it on tomorrow after the detail paint cures. More fun tomorrow.
Attachments
Complete
Complete
Complete.JPG (73.4 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
Two transfers to do it
Two transfers to do it
Something new
Something new
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

15th Day work involved ordering the fan housing lift hooks from Welsh Dragon. Still no love for the track slack rollers. Last night's Extinguisher was mounted then I took the time to correct the direction of the lift hooks already in place on the deck. The hook mounts broke midway out of the holes (as usual) so I drilled them out and used the stubs left over to reglue them with. Afterwards, I looked at the open vent housing in the back\middle of the deck and remembering another trick from the Forum, cut a neat square of window screen from a roll I had out in the Garage and glued it in place under the deck. I'll cut some flat brass or plastic to make the external vent bars that I have seen on these, another evening. Next, I cut and drilled out the plastic antenna mount and test fitted the neat Schumo antenna that will go there in it's place. It won't have a working connection since, unlike the Tiger B I put one of these on last time, this tank is 2.4 GHz. Seeing an opportunity, I attempted to dry brush the other vent screens that go on the fan housings and the deck with green-black. No luck there, too patchy. I sprayed them a medium green instead and will add some dry brushed dunkelgelb tomorrow night before mounting them. The shutters I have coming for the right side grills will likely be painted green-black and hull red. Lastly, I measured and drilled to mount the metal tow cable mounts also from Schumo. That company is a real help! More fun tomorrow.
Attachments
Tow cable mounts in place
Tow cable mounts in place
Tow cable mounts in place.JPG (99.16 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Antenna test fitment
Antenna test fitment
Corrected lift hooks and added mesh
Corrected lift hooks and added mesh
Corrected lift hooks and added mesh.JPG (93.51 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Extinguisher in place
Extinguisher in place
...Here for the Dawn...
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

crack on old chap wot wot
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

track slack rollers
Panther HL
http://www.tank-modellbau.de
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Thank you, Phil for the excellent link! Good Morning there Canned Heat. Ready to add a Panther to your stable yet? ;o)

regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

(This post would have gone up last night but power was lost due to the flooding we are still experiencing here in CO.) 16th Day work involved adding the small fuel knob that the fuel overflow line connects to. After that, I took up the grill vents I had sprayed medium green and mounted them. Far too light in comparison to the Green Black that most of the rest of the deck was sprayed in. Using a dry brush, I used Green Black and Hull Red and Dunkelgelb in acrylic and added the camo pattern to the vents. Much better looking! I went ahead then and added the hammer after painting it, (I'll try to add one pioneer tool a night.) and touched up the rest of the additions and fixtures on the rear deck that had been added so far. More fun today *chuckles*
Attachments
Rear deck 95 percent complete
Rear deck 95 percent complete
Heng Long Hammer
Heng Long Hammer
Added fuel overflow fixture and grill vents
Added fuel overflow fixture and grill vents
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Panther”