Heng long truck

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Heng long truck

Post by Max-U52 »

AlwynTurner wrote:Hmmm, I wonder if the mechanicals would be good enough for one of these???????

I had one of these as a corgi toy with a tank, I think it was a centurion.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
I'm not sure our little truck could handle the weight. Here's mine with an old metal Ertl livestock trailer, and she pulls it OK on flat level ground but she's definitely struggling. You try to haul a trailer with a tank and unless you have a very, very light plastic tank the truck probably won't have the cojones for the job.

phpBB [video]

I've started a thread in HL Builds to cover any and all mods to these things, and I'd be tickled pink if you and Wibbs would post some of your work there. I thought it would be good to have an open thread about modding these, where as long as it's an HL truck it's not possible to hijack the thread. Show us anything you want to, as long as it has to do with these new trucks. You can find that thread here

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24148

Hope that helps.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

wibblywobbly wrote:Someone asked me to do a Bedford MK truck to fit on the HL base, I got most of the cab done, but the radiator surround has curves that despite my best efforts I can't get right. I may have to tell him that I can do a supporting structure for it and he will have to mould it with milliput.
Wibbly, you be better trying to model in surface model rather than try to make as solid. It is alot easier to manipulate curves and structures etc. Obviously depends on what you have.
Let me know if you need any CAD help as i might be able to make up what you want and send over a step file
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

Drammen Rock City
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Maxmekker how does one go about ordering the steering setup and the servo can we order it through you
Tanks alot.... :wave:
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

c.rainford73 wrote:Mr Maxmekker how does one go about ordering the steering setup and the servo can we order it through you Image
as soon as it's ready ( Clark is 'stress testing now ) I'll be stocking a few of these sets yes.
Drammen Rock City
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

One of my work colleagues pointed out a cool conversion. Vietnam Gun truck!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah!
Do i find an M113 to stick on the back and turn it into 6x6 or do an M35 A1

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig14/10145107b.jpg

There is a world of possibilities! :)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Ok so i bought a Grey one, it came and then i needed to clear some space and thought it would be best to sell it.
Almost immediately i decided that i probably should have hung onto it for Christmas in the evenings to give me something to do, so i have gona and bought a few more in different colours.
I want to do a 6x6 as they look cool, but we will see. Plus other friends have expressed interest and other people i know. One of my colleagues over in Germany has also bought one for his son, so these little things are flooding over into the market
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I have noticed like other the rear axle assembly is available on its own. But does anyone know if the front axle is also available?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Trucks”