Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Pershing Rebuild

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon, Ed,
You saw the Show Off thread, I hope. Also the wreck and the rebuild part of it? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13911
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
MartinL
Recruit

Post by MartinL »

Hi Painless,
Had to have a look at this after your reply on my HL Sherman star decals wanted thread - that is one fine looking tank!! Good job on the commander - I'm currently mid painting my HL commander to sit atop my Sherman alongside the Mato prepainted guy I got, having a few problems matching jacket colours etc.
Im also mid arranging stowage and tying down - this look very lifelike on yours - I must be on attempt 7 or 8 trying to get mine to look right!!
All the best,
Martin
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Martin,
Thank you! That Pershing is one of the HL originals from 9 years ago. I had been wanting to take it apart and do a serious upgrade for some time now. *chuckles* Thanks to my pooch, it got two upgrades in three months. As for the work on your Commander and stowage, you'll get it down. No rushing and things will fall into place.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Outstanding as it is Mr Painless, I sure hope you got the message over to the Pooch that "its ok, no need for another revision" :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

It's looking really good. You might just inspire me to buy a Pershing myself!
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon, Ed,
You saw the Show Off thread, I hope. Also the wreck and the rebuild part of it? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13911
regards,
Painless
Yes I did painless and I have given our pooch's a strict warning about keeping there distance from the tank when it comes ;D
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman, Good Morning,
Thank you, my friend. Yes, Waylon got the message that neither he nor Jack should spend any amount of time in the Library around the tanks. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
Attachments
B-12 back where it belongs
B-12 back where it belongs
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Billpe,
The HL Pershing provided a solid base for the Tamiya add-ons. All together along with some metal work, they combined to make a sweet looking Pershing. Historical builds can be dicey to do but in this case, the Inchon landings were well documented. There was also a wealth of printed and online information about all the stages and variants of the M-26 There are some fantastic buys on the Tamiya Pershing out there. Once I saw how well the parts worked on mine, it made me wish I had room to add a Tamiya version of my own.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Ed,
Thank you! Setting boundaries for your pups around things like these tanks that are so time intensive ( not to mention the money ) is just common sense. I had not given it a second thought until it was too late. Lesson learned.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
billpe

Post by billpe »

PainlessWolf wrote:Billpe,
The HL Pershing provided a solid base for the Tamiya add-ons. All together along with some metal work, they combined to make a sweet looking Pershing. Historical builds can be dicey to do but in this case, the Inchon landings were well documented. There was also a wealth of printed and online information about all the stages and variants of the M-26 There are some fantastic buys on the Tamiya Pershing out there. Once I saw how well the parts worked on mine, it made me wish I had room to add a Tamiya version of my own.
regards,
Painless
Your tank is looking as good as any other Pershing out there! I'm very tempted once I finish off my current tanks.

Return to “Pershing”