Dragon 1/6 RC DAK Kubelwagen re-build

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Dragon 1/6 RC Kubelwagen re-build

Post by littletankman »

Also added the canvas windscreen cover again often seen on DAK Kubels probably to stop the sun gazing of the glass screen. This is removable and fits like the original one. I do need at add the cut outs at the front , just got to decide if it will have two or one windscreen holding clip as the early Kubels had one.

One of the three loops to attach the screen cover.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

I have had a little go at the rear end of the Kubel. As most of the DAK Kubels were early ones I have made my one an early one to .

I have altered the bottom pan , adjusted to straight exhausts , removed the bumper bar and improved the numberplate mounting (early style)

Shorter mudguards (early style)

Some work Im doing on the working headlights (early style)
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :wave: wow mate some super detail there great job keep us posted on progress
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
littletankman

Re: Dragon 1/6 RC DAK Kubelwagen re-build

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate more to come , but its going slow at the mo. I will keep updating the post .

Thanks Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

I have now made a single wind screen holder/clip as in keeping with the early Kubel they have one in the middle . I also cut the screen cover to match this . The direction indicators , I have removed them from the stalks and attached them to the screen frame again in keeping with the early Kubel. I'm thinking of making another set of seats in the darker colour . As most early Kubels shipped to Africa were in German grey and only sprayed on the out side the desert colour . Some later ones were sprayed inside and out . I'm also thinking of adding a dark canvas roof cover as lots of pictures with these on. But on most of the combat pictures I've seen the screen and spare tyre covers were in a yellow colour. More picts to come.

Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

This is the look I'm after the washed out home applied desert colour made from water and dust (this I read on a forum ?) combined with loose dust . Its over the basic panzer grey . I prefer this look to the pre painted ones plus you see this look more on the first Kubels to reach Africa. I have many pictures of panzer grey Kubels with just dust and there is a clear difference to this look . Pluss the loose dust wouldn't stay attached to the underside of the front . Close up picts of this type of finish in the new Kubelwagen on all fronts books shows rain runs etc in the finish .So could be combination of weather ?

Note the early features:

Horn mounted near door,
Short rear mud guards,
Spot light,
No bumper bars (this appeared again on later versions),
Spade on R/H side,
Direction indicators fitted to screen.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Here is some more alterations , I have now fixed the stock Dragon indicators to the windscreen , added brass single screen clip .

Not 100% accurate as the spring is attached through the center by a bolt then a dummy mounting added . I will add the rubber stopper after spraying.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

I have cleaned of the insert able jack hole ready for filling as the early models have a scissor jack . Also I have made another set of seat covers more in keeping with the early version Kubel . They look a bit bulky but will squash down.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

I have now ironed , between a tea towel the cushions and left them under several heavy books. This has squashed them into a more realistic shape.
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Here is a test painting .

There is more panzer grey showing it's just the photo . Imagine this as a side panel rather than the front floor plate and a Africa Corps Palm tree logo.

What I'm looking for

Return to “Larger Scale Military”