T34 v Tiger PC Game

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: T34 v Tiger PC Game

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ok, so you are in.

The game starts with 3 intro videos. These can be skipped by pressing the ESC key when each one starts. When TvT starts I always press ESC 3 times to save time, and then the main screen appears.

Try that and let me know what happens.

Just to keep people updated on what is happening with this game. There are people who write code (developers), and one guy and his team (MonkWarrior) have created something called MMP3 (Monks Multiplayer 3). This is a downloadable update for online players that removes some glitches and increases realism as well. There is also another one called Puffs script that improves the Tiger.

Stay with me on this one!

Now, there are more glitches in TvT than people would like, but gameplayers out there have realised that this game has incredible potential, it was just that it was created in Russia where things like coding discipline and testing are not key words in their vocabulary.

Lighthouse, the owners have all but abandoned the project, so emails to them are unlikely to get a response. However, the PanzerSim forum http://www.panzersim.com/ and the Lighthouse forum http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=34 are active and that is where people discuss what is going on. The PanzerSim forum seems to be where coding requests originate more than anywhere else. If you are seeking a response to a question I will help anyone, anytime, but you might try searching those two forums to see if answers exist.

There is news that the game is being recoded to run on something called the Crysis engine. This is a platform that is already used for other games, and is reliable.

In the meantime, we have:

Basic TvT - that works pretty much ok. Just make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers for your pc installed. Eg Direct X etc.
MMP3 - This is downloadable as a RAR (compressed file). Monk wrote it and it auto installs, read up on Panzer Sim.
Puffs Script - This is downloadable (tiny file) that updates the Tiger dynamics.

If you do not play online then you will not need either MMP3 or Puffs.
If you do play online you can do so without MMP3 or Puffs, as long as the host isn't using it.
If you do play online you can do so with MMP3 and Puffs if the host is using it.

The host will always say whether they are using it or not.

In addition there are a few other improvements in the pipeline, so Monk is probably going to create MMP4, and everyone will have one standard online playable version of the game.
This will remain as is, until the game is released on the Crysis platform.

Hope this all makes sense!

Cheers

Rob G
...GameRanger most nights at 9pm, beginners are always welcome in anyones game, its the best fun you can have with your clothes on!
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

rob I have got it to load and play the first two videos but the third one goes to a grayed out screen with flashes of the what I believe is the start screen where you decide what to do
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Now that you know what the keycode is. try uninstalling the game and do a fresh install. That may fix it. I will have a ferret around and see if anyone else has the same problem and whether there is a fix for it.

Update - Found a couple of fixes...

Q: Game crashes to desktop upon starting
A: Some Window configurations dont have msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll installed. These files are required to run the game. Download both files from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71 and copy them to your (?):\windows\system32 folder

Q: Game crashes upon playing intro videos.
A: In order to display the introvids, the latest videocodecs are required. There is a codecpack that helped a lot of people with video or sound problems. The k-lite-codec pack can be found here: http://k-lite-codec-pack.softonic.de/)installing this pack might solve your video problems. Alternatively, deleting the intro vids from the game directory (not recommended) forces the game to skip the vids and fire up the game instantly.
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

when I figured out the key code I copied it and saved it in a word document
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

If anyone else gets problems loading the game, it may be because not all versions of windows come with all of the required files.

This thread on the Lighhouse Forums will resolve the issue:

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1579

Rob G
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It would be great to see more people on Gameranger. Its free!!

Having become really frustrated at trying to join a game, I devised the following method, and it works for me.

Firstly I disabled the Windows firewall and Windows Defender, I already have a comprehensive anti-virus and firewall system provided by my ISP, and running duplicate system was probably slowing things down.

Open Gameranger
Scroll down and see if TvT is being run by anyone.
If it is then click join, you don't need to ask first.
If there is no green light next to the hosts name then they haven't booted up a server session yet, so simply say hi to them in the dialogue box. They will then boot up a server.
If their session is already running, or there are several people with green lights showing, then simply click join and TvT will start automatically.
Select Multiplayer.
Now the clever bit.
Select Join after deciding whether you want a T34 or Tiger.
On the server screen:
Press F9
Numbers will appear at the top.
Select Join
Numbers will appear at the left side.
If these numbers update twice and freeze then do the following:
Put the cursor in the IP address box
Hit the backspace key 20 times to remove invisible spaces
Type in the IP manually
Select Refresh
If that doesn't get you in:
Select Back
Select Join
On the server screen, don't touch anything if the numbers on the left are updating.

Hopefully more people will take the plunge, it is incredible fun, and everyone who uses it says it is brilliant.

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Latest update.

Lighthouse Productions has gone bust, and the Lighthouse site has been shut down. However, developers who worked on the project are not giving up. The original version works perfectly on my pc, and any issues anyone has will obtain answers on http://www.panzersim.com/

The game can be picked up very cheaply now, and it is acknowledged as the best tank simulator out there. Think of it as the Elmod of PC Tank Gaming? Tank dynamics and control are the best out there, and there are real life tank commanders from all over Europe that play it, I even saw a T88 commander on there once!

So what is happening now?

A group of developers have got together and they are currently rewriting the game on the Crysis Wars platform. The initial results are excellent and they will be able to achieve even more with the new platform than they did with the old one.

The huge advantage that TvT has over other games is that it is multiplayer, for the uninitiated that means that you can join somewhere like GameRanger (its totally free) and wait until someone hosts a session for TvT. If you have never tried multiplayer games before then this is the way to go.

Before trying to host a game yourself, remember to open the ports in your Firewall, it won't work otherwise. Its easy to do, drop me a PM if you get stuck.

Also, all online games are always hosted in Expert Mode, none of this auto-detect the enemy stuff, that is for wimps! lol

You will battle against anything from 1 to 10 opponents, and you soon learn all about keeping a look out and out-witting multiple enemies. Don't worry about getting shot at, I get killed about 10 times an hour!

All I can say is that if you ever wondered what it would be like to sit inside of your RC tank and play on real life terrain, then this is it, and all for a fraction of the price of any RC tank on the market.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Thanks Rob for the heads up on whats happening. I ordered it last week from the UK, ended up costing me with postage AUS$50.00. I will let you know how I get on.
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Got the game today, :) loaded it on the computer,entered the numbers,installed it ;). Started the game, :D got the intro, got the video of the action, got to the selection screen, went with single player, choose Russian hit the start button, ;D the loading line of track went all the way across, >:( THEN THE SCREEN WENT BLACK, STILL HAS SOUND BUT NO GRAPHICS AND WANTS TO SEND AN ERROR REPORT TO BILLY G  :'( :'( :'( :'(

What do I need to do/get this to work HELP :-[ :-\ :-[ :-\
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Hi guys got the game but can't get it to play.
It installed OK it loads OK then, when it gets to the screen where you choose what side and what map you want to use, it starts loading with the track running across the screen and when it gets to the end the screen goes black then I get an error message

Return to “Games”