Gallery

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
huntpe1
Lance Corporal

Re: Gallery

Post by huntpe1 »

If you cannot see that there is a place for both and that the work speaks for it self on merit, this is a great site to learn from and i do not see why having something more is so bad, we lose nothing only gain. As for putting down hard work of people i have alway said that this is a great site and I feel a place where the hobby can grow.
It is not the pace of life that worrys me, its the sudden stop at the end.
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

I do feel this is a i want i want ..stamping my feet till i get it thing..
E.g A member has posted a build thread up..and say a show off pic as well..why the hell has he got to post it again in a gallery. I meen that is 3 times. Its like being a work posting pics on here..be ok if you had some carbon paper ;) ,,and all this is because you don't want to read any text . So why are you on a forums if all you want to do is look at pictures.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
huntpe1
Lance Corporal

Post by huntpe1 »

So you do not want it fine ,but some do Matt kindly said that he will build the gallery for the site so if do not wish to add to the Gallery Don't that is everyones right But some might! the thing about life is we are all different.
blimp
Sergeant

Post by blimp »

Err , Sorry to intterupt a good ding dong chaps , but I'm confused . Are you saying that the 'Show off' section ISN'T the gallery ? It's only the title that's different , surely ?
You are absolutely correct , as an individual you are unique - just like everybody else . ;D
to the bouncy room ! Yay !
huntpe1
Lance Corporal

Post by huntpe1 »

Show off is a forum and is a great tool for debate , the gallery would be for just pics of peoples finished work for other to look at, no feed back or comments. Just pics for people to view. one picture speaks a hundred words they say
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

It's not really a tool for debate, it's a show off forum, the clue is in the name :haha: Sure, I could extract all the attachments/images from each thread in Show off and display them in a nice little gallery, but it's a lot of work for little gain, IMO.
huntpe1
Lance Corporal

Post by huntpe1 »

Got it in one I was thinking I was the only one who could see the point ! I look at the tanks on here to gain idears for my models and hope that one day my models can do the same. If not for this forum I know that my tank would be much poorer. Pete
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

We've got something in the pipeline that should make it easy for people to add already posted images/attachments into the gallery. This will allow people to add their(maybe other peoples?) build pictures super quickly and give each picture a relevant description to make it easy for others to find their pictures and thread. As an example, If you were to search for "Tiger" it will display all the relevant pictures added to the gallery.

Of course there will also be the option to upload pictures if they don't exist anywhere on the site.

Does that sound good to you guys?
huntpe1
Lance Corporal

Post by huntpe1 »

Sounds good to me. Thanks Scooby

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”