Wittmann's Tiger 007

Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Wittmann's Tiger 007

Post by Johnf »

Hi, I meant zimmerit, stupid phone did'nt know this word and changed it to something that made no sense. Sorry. My next project will be a late tiger. Not 007 but possibly one of wittman's or one from same company. Picking up a 1/6 scale tiger next month so researching for now and finishing my panzer 111. Your zimmerit looks great. Is it hard wearing?
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Post by fleshpedler »

Hi Alan
Just a quick question, any chance you could post the exact link for the kingtiger wheels , on the heat site as i looked all though the forums but could not find it...cheers if you can,............
Fleshy.....................
Alan123
Recruit

Post by Alan123 »

Hallo

@JohF, The Zimmerit is made with a product called Apoxie Sculpt. This is a 2 part expoxy putty which sets absolutely and irrevocably rock hard after about 3hrs. In my opinion it is the only way to go. You can thin and work it with water and the Zimmerit marks are made with a stamp (the stamp comes from Imperial modellbau but I notice that some UK online shops now carry it too ie Tankzone). It takes a bit of practice to get right and the trick is to apply the putty in a thin and even layer, another trick is to mark vertical lines in the putty (with a felt marker pen) once you have smoothed it on so that you keep your zimmerit stamping lines perpendicular.

@Fleshpeddler, Sorry I gave you a bum steer there, the info is on the SEAD site and here is the link: http://www.sead.us/technology5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

AL
My Youtube Channel is worth a look if you like RC tanks http://www.youtube.com/user/alanundlilja
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I had just today read this post, the Asiatam lower hull will work with several wheel types if you throw the axles in the trash and tap the control arms to either 3mm or 3.5mm this allows for no lost wheels ever,the wheels run straighter and are a solid mounting so tracks run smoother and this lessons the strain on the gearbox output shaft,and the gearboxes as well.

DUBRO hardware has what you need, also the metal and plastic flat washers.The washers allow you to tighten the bolts until the wheel stops turning freely,back off slightly.the metal washer against the control arm and the plastic washer against the wheel.

Saxondog

Return to “Tiger I”