WHAT-IF PANTHER BASED V1 LAUNCHER

Up to the end of WWII.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: WHAT-IF PANTHER BASED V1 LAUNCHER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:00 am "Seems to be a scratch built item out of various bits but it looks really good. Tell ya what, if I can copy it close enough I will send you the copy." Did I understand this correctly? Really!? I could just use the parts and assemble and paint myself. I'd reimburse you for shipping and some extra for the trouble. That's the least I could do. But don't sweat it if you haven't the time or just don't want to.
Yeah I am sure I can pull one together. Leave it with me & I will see how I go.
Something tells me I will have the tow brace ready before you have your FAMO ready :haha: :headbang:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

M113 was a pretty accurate view on this one - Ken did make some cool stuff :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

He sure did.
The 1946 genre ran deep with him and he seemed to have an endless ideas well to draw from.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The V1 got a bit of attention now. I dressed the upper seam with putty and sanding, just to reduce the very obvious joint .
Scanning around the net for painting info, it was clear that as these weapons were considered ammunition rather than an Aircraft, they carried no national insignia.
The camo paint variation was huge, so I had a lot of scope to pick from.
No yellow paint was ever applied to the nose of a V1, that was a post-capture thing so it seems.
I went with a patchy haphazard cover of believe it or not, JSDF XF-73 Green as that was the closest I had to the German paint description. And by eye, its really close, well it is to me.
Over that went a squiggly XF-27 Black Green in thin lines bunged on really loosely.
Once I go over the underside with XF-23 light Blue I can seal and weather it.
I plan a trip to the hobby shop on Sunday in a break from a State Hockey Champs Tournament that Im up in Brisbane for, so that hopefully will get me the styrene I need to build the upper hull for the "King-Panther" launcher vehicle. ( well hey, it sounds better than Pan-tiger eh ;) )

Having fun with this.................
IMG_2466.jpeg
IMG_2466.jpeg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 419 times
IMG_2478.jpeg
IMG_2478.jpeg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 419 times
IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 419 times
IMG_2481.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 419 times
IMG_2482.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 419 times
IMG_2483.jpeg
IMG_2483.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 419 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"Something tells me I will have the tow brace ready before you have your FAMO ready." Laying down the gauntlet, eh? I accept the challenge! (Just how "ready" does the FAMO have to be?) Uh-oh!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice bit of camo work there :)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got the ole Doodle-bug looking much better now.
A local toy shop had some XF023 Light Blue (and virtually nothing else :/ ) so I went over the underside.
Here it is sitting on the launcher.
This will have to wait a bit until I can get sufficient materials for the upper hull build.
Once I seal it & get the wash on It should be spot on. But not until the hull is ready.

IMG_2484.jpeg
IMG_2484.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 375 times
IMG_2485.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 375 times
IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2486.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 375 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

For a non aircraft guy, I'd say you sure pulled that one off! I remember an upper camo like that one from about 40 years ago. It has probably been at least that long since I put a plane together.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ecam wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:17 am For a non aircraft guy, I'd say you sure pulled that one off! I remember an upper camo like that one from about 40 years ago. It has probably been at least that long since I put a plane together.

Thanks Mr Ecam, I also remember doing an ME 410 a million years ago which had a similar cam job(but much worse)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As this is supposed to be a bit of a time filler/gimmick, its not going to be an uber-detailed well spec'd effort.
But I am determined that every broken, incomplete or otherwise forgotten model I got from the estate is going to run and be finished.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other”