3D Printed Comet from 3dprintedtanks

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: 3D Printed Comet from 3dprintedtanks

Post by tankme »

I like it, but I've been wanting a Cromwell for a long time. Just took on two American tank projects and started another Russian one so a Cromwell will have to wait.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

The Comet hull is coming along nicely. The fit of the parts is superb, it is going together very well.
Next job is the 2 gearboxes as well as continuing with the tracks. I am building the tracks in 10 pieces segments so I don't have to keep counting them.
Started to think about smoke and sound generators. Any thoughts or suggestions about these greatly appreciated.
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

014.jpg
014.jpg (75.78 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
Attachments
015.jpg
015.jpg (76.24 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Post by RiskyR »

Nice build. I'm amazed by the clean design of the hull. Very nice!
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

RiskyR wrote:Nice build. I'm amazed by the clean design of the hull. Very nice!
Thanks, it is going together well and for just 23 Euros for the files its a real bargain.
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

One side of the tracks complete. Did them in blocks of 10 so I didn't have to keep counting them.
Onto the other side.....
Attachments
017.jpg
017.jpg (65.24 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
016.jpg
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have been checking in on your Comet now and then. I am impressed by how clean the castings are--seemingly free of any of the striations I have seen on other castings. In fact, given that you even used a specific color suggests to me that you might be intending for the castings to be unpainted. Could that be so?

Can any of you 3D printing wizards watching this thread recommend a simple primer from which I might learn about the types of casting plastics and 3D printers? (Actually "simple primer" is redundant wording, for emphasis :S .)
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I have been checking in on your Comet now and then. I am impressed by how clean the castings are--seemingly free of any of the striations I have seen on other castings. In fact, given that you even used a specific color suggests to me that you might be intending for the castings to be unpainted. Could that be so?

Can any of you 3D printing wizards watching this thread recommend a simple primer from which I might learn about the types of casting plastics and 3D printers? (Actually "simple primer" is redundant wording, for emphasis :S .)
First...you could replace the word "castings" with "prints". :) I just started searching on 3D printing on Youtube. An actual primer would depend on the type of 3D printing - either FDM (filament) or resin.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A thing of beauty superb printing! I should also add your printer is very impressive too :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Styx 2022
Private

Post by Styx 2022 »

c.rainford73 wrote:A thing of beauty superb printing! I should also add your printer is very impressive too :clap:
Thank you for your kind words. Please keep coming back and checking on the progress.

Return to “3D Printing”