Pantiger to Jagdpanther

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Pantiger to Jagdpanther

Post by HERMAN BIX »

How does it look from the front-on view ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

That's funny! I was just mulling over putting some schurzen on it. I kind of like the over lapping plates. The wife makes jewelry and has some sheet copper. Might try some of that and see how it comes out.

Here's the frontal view...

I had to make extensions for the drive shafts to bring the sprockets out away from the hull. They might be setting out a bit too far, but they are lined up with the way the road wheels mounted.

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well it sure does work.
I still can't get over how good it looks from what you began with.
Are you going to have a crack at anti aircraft screens ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Hadn't thought about the anti aircraft screens, but now that you mention it, I kind of like the idea. Maybe done up as add on bare steel, all rusted. Kind of a field mod. Gonna have to work on those!

I took out a couple more links and it really improved the way the treads ride. Doesn't look like there's so much exposed hull now. I'll try and get a couple of pictures posted tomorrow.

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Alright. I think I've got the road wheels mounted where they'll work. They sit a bit lower, but I think the ooverall look is pretty close. Here's some shots so far...

Here's the difference one link made. Before ...

And after removing...

I think I'm gonna go ahead and make up some schurzen to fit. Thanks for the idea, Herman! Sooner or later I'm gonna have to stop building and start weathering!

Bill
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hmmm, now they look a bit tight mate !
Did you remove only one link or more ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Just removed the one. I just noticed that the road wheels are rubbing on the mounting screws that secure the suspension arms. Gonna grind the heads of those down some and re access the tread tension. I think now it's just to the "fiddly tweaking" stage.

Bill
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

great job mate,

camouflage measles ?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

capt midnight wrote:Just removed the one. I just noticed that the road wheels are rubbing on the mounting screws that secure the suspension arms. Gonna grind the heads of those down some and re access the tread tension. I think now it's just to the "fiddly tweaking" stage.

Bill
I reckon run the thing & test the track situation. Looks better slacker, but no good if the tracks derail !
Once you add schurzen the top run of track will be hidden anyway.
Still sure is better than a normal Pantiger anyway, by a long shot.
I have some schurzen plates at home I could get you dimensions for to make your own, but buying them is better
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Alright, I've gotten the running gear painted and a wash applied. Tried my hand at making some schurzen plates. Didn't come out too bad I don't think. Still have to do some bomb shields for the vents on the rear deck and then start the dirtying down.

I'll get some better pictures outside in the next few days.

Bill

Return to “Jagdpanther”