Tiger 1 convoy light

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Tiger 1 convoy light

Post by wibblywobbly »

Here is where the lights run off the 8 pin socket.

Black/Red are the turret rotation motor.
Blue/Brown are the Barrel Up/Down
Green/White are the lights.

The standard HL socket has couple more wires for the machine gun/main gun but I didn't use these as my Elmod has alternative circuits available, and I don't have an airsoft.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

Thanks for the pics Wibbly, will definately come in handy :D
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Hi Wibbly ,
Looks good another thing on my Tiger to alter ! Thanks excelent shots of how you did , thank you.

Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

just a small point , the convoy light was not that bright, not a good idea a full company of tanks in a line following a realy bright light, the allied bombers / fighter bombers would have a field day
all the best, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

funny you should say that ice, I was talking to a very good friend about this point and we came to the same conclusion, a dull light rather than a bright light would be more practicable due to the allied air superiority.
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Check out the electroluminecent strips on modern fighters - just enough for their wingman to be able to form up on - but invisible at more than 500m... ;D
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Heres the latest attempt at the convoy light using fibreoptic cable thanks Fv432 for this and for the advice and all the others who posted ides  :) Here is some picts . Its still not finished yet , some slight adjustmants needed. It looks very bright in one pict but its just the photograpth . Ive got to wire it in next via an on/off switch.

Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

wow andy that looks the dogs mate ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi fv432 ,
Thanks but it wouldnt be if it were not for your help , thanks . To get the fibreoptics from the LED inside the tank to the outside I had to drill the four holes through the lamp holder and the bracket . And that was fidley . I decided to cut a strip out of the lens rather than drill four more holes in that to . It was either that or feed them from the top which wouldnt look correct or from the bottom which was blocked by the mount . But thanks for your coments .

Andy
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

youve done it exactly how ive done mine andy  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

no problems mate glad to of been some help ;D ;D

Return to “Tips and Tricks”