Ersatz-Panther.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Ersatz-Panther.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

aside from the background not being a heavy engineering works, this is taking on what I believe is a similar path a real one must have taken. Tantalising stuff mate.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Made some time today while nursing a lousy head cold.

I bent up some brass tubing for the King Tiger style of exhaust, then moved on to the armor plating in the rear. It was tricky getting the pieces to work for tear down when needed. But figured it out after staring at it for a few moments.

Then I moved on to the side skirts and the some décor on the lower hull. I fabbed up the faux M10 tranny covers with a few other detail items like towing hooks and such.

Rear deck next.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

pale......looking amazing. Following closely. Love the turret work. Just like the real deal.

MichaelC
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I managed to sneak in a bit of time after service today. The rear deck is just needing a little Tamiya putty, but almost ready for primer. I am going to run a few magnets on this section so I can mount a few switches for quicker access.

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Great Job Pale... like the exhausts... and all the plasti work... :D

Carpe Diem Sir

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Superlatives escape me Mr Pale. To see this completed with the winter coat, weathering and clever background in pictures will be an honour.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thanks fellas. It is real close to paint time. I got the red primer coat on it and and finished up the miliput welds over the last few days. Time for a bit more primer, then off to paint.

Pale
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I managed to get some painting time in this evening and sprayed out the base and preliminary effects. I went with Masters Dark Green for this one. No particular reason other than I was out of drab. :) I created the masks for the markings in Corel Draw.

Most of the weathering so far is done with spritzing of water and spraying different values of the base coat over it. I will now go in with some brushwork and some sponging with different mixes of acrylics washes and oils and pastel mixes.

Since I decided to keep the original hatch up top, I thought I would bust up the silhouette with a few bags made from Miliput. I had to do something with the extra from the welds. :shifty:

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Alot of work in this one Pale... it came out great...all the hard work really makes this a standout...sure would like to see this at one of your meets...or even the face of the guy that sold the Panther to you... you got some bragging rights there buddy :thumbup:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

ALPHA wrote:Alot of work in this one Pale... it came out great...all the hard work really makes this a standout...sure would like to see this at one of your meets...or even the face of the guy that sold the Panther to you... you got some bragging rights there buddy :thumbup:

ALPHA
Thanks Alpha. We will have to do that if and when you are over this way. The guy I bought the Panther from, has plenty of tricks up his sleeve. :) I'm not sure I want to go head to head with him. :) He is working on my Super P for me to get it ready to battle as well.

Pale

Return to “Panther”