Heng Long On/Off Switch

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Heng Long On/Off Switch

Post by wibblywobbly »

Easiest way is probably to drill a couple of small holes and then turn them into a rectangle with a file, and or modelling knife.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

wibblywobbly wrote: Easiest way is probably to drill a couple of small holes and then turn them into a rectangle with a file, and or modelling knife.

this is the method I have used in the past, I use a drill with a diameter that is a bit larger then the width of the switch knob and drill two holes next to each other and then use a Swan-Norton scalpel to make the holes join together and then square the corners out.
jrc
Corporal

Post by jrc »

brilliant mod, thanks, now done my Tigers. It's also handy as I have recharging sockets under the heat shield and wiring now much closer. The simplest solutions are often the best.
we fight not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom, which no honest man gives up but with his life.
thecommandernj
Private

Post by thecommandernj »

oz wrote: yep i can mate but these Germans were very clever people,  almost cunning......... ;D
Cunning and fussy. I'm German and my dad and grandfather always said "Make it the best you can make". Everything must be perfect for a German to enjoy it. They made things too complicated and durable when it didn't need to last for life or 100,00 miles. Not everything has to be perfect in life.... just practical and useable.
The phrase I remember the most in German from my grandfather (auf Deutsch) is "Ordnung muss Sein" or Order must be aka Everthing must be in order. It was this obsession with perfection that was part of their demise.    Bob thecommandernj
Thanks to all the Veterans who fought for our freedom. For without their sacrifices these forums would not exist!!!
He who ends with the most toys wins.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”