Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

After seeing the photo of your kitchen with the "counter space cleaned up," I spent some time just now reading back through all the posts about your dual (duel) M4/JP build here. From, what, nearly two years ago, I found "I've been caught up in prep for my 9th Wedding Anniversary." Now let's see, how do I put this gracefully.... Aw heck: When I put together "9th Wedding Anniversary" and that photo of a kitchen, I keep wondering if there was a 10th, and how you get away with all that kitchen fun. :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jimster,
Thank you! I went all out on the detailing of the Jagdpanther, even adding the weld beads. It is my first 'haunted' tank. ;o) I was pleased with how Von Norden turned out. His Uniform and decorations are crisp, his Cap at a jaunty angle...but his face. He no longer exists as a separate entity. He is body and soul now, part of the Hate and Evil that is the Jagdpanther. Hang around for the special effects shots and video coming out soon.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herr, Doc,
Fortunately yes! We are still 'hitched' and looking forward to our 10th in March of 2023. ;0) As long as I clean up after my Builds, I am generally Ok. To paraphrase, Red Green, 'If they don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!' ( and neat )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello!
The Show Off Threads are up and I wanted to drop a couple of quick last minute photos into this Thread before it gets shuffled off into the years of work stored here on the Forum.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Wow that is bright...back to the handheld...I will have to enlist a Light Man.jpg
Wow that is bright...back to the handheld...I will have to enlist a Light Man.jpg
Wow that is bright...back to the handheld...I will have to enlist a Light Man.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Ok I may have overdone this....jpg
Ok I may have overdone this....jpg
along with a set of quality small spanners perfect for adjustable idler mounts and large scale Stuart work.jpg
along with a set of quality small spanners perfect for adjustable idler mounts and large scale Stuart work.jpg
LED bulbs finally in.jpg
LED bulbs finally in.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As ever sitting in the background and stealing your ideas,
Yet another winner Painless and a very happy anniversary to you and the mate :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jarndice!
Thanks for noticing ( tho' as bright as that LED blacklight bulb was, you probably saw it in Great Britain ) and saying Hello! Thankfully, with a little help, the handheld version did the required job just fine. When I get a few minutes, I will put up some static photos to show the effect from the UV paint up close.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Hello!
As promised, a few static shots of the Blue Glow effect achieved by using the UV paint discovered while researching for this Build. ( and the proper level of UV illumination )
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
The handiwork of the living Tank Killer....jpg
The handiwork of the living Tank Killer....jpg
A closeup of Von Norden.jpg
A closeup of Von Norden.jpg
The Jagdtiger sitting next to the Jagdpanther is lit only vaguely by the blue glow effect..jpg
The Jagdtiger sitting next to the Jagdpanther is lit only vaguely by the blue glow effect..jpg
A closeup of the effect on the Sherman..jpg
A closeup of the effect on the Sherman..jpg
Static shot of the Blue Glow effect...Note that Jim and Sherri are alive in the novel and in this depiction and show up as they would in any dark shot....jpg
Static shot of the Blue Glow effect...Note that Jim and Sherri are alive in the novel and in this depiction and show up as they would in any dark shot....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very interesting detail effect when the UV light kicks in, gives it an unusual detail look :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl,
It looks sort of 'not there' which is the closest I could come to the effect described in the novel. With a flickering UV light the effect pulsates which is fairly cool but harder to take photos of. This is a nice in between. Thanks for looking in!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Well thats an outcome I wasnt prepared for !!
Hell of an idea that U.V. stuff Mr Wolf
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Jagdpanther”