Another SAUNDERS SHERMAN

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Another SAUNDERS SHERMAN

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Afternoon,
Loving the results of all the hard work, Alpha. ;o) The wheels are pretty dang sweet. The sand skirts definitely add a dimension to the appearance of the overall vehicle. It is a match for the ones depicted in The Show. Now, as Fynsdad noted, what's next?
regards,
Painless
Thanks Painless...she has a lot to be desired compared to what you and fynsdad create...but I'm happy with her
To answer both inquiries to what's next.....................A long long long long.............rest :haha: :haha:

Carpe Diem Painless...fynsdad Image

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

nice one old chap .......wot wot .......
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

That second pic for me was the winner in black & white............and the turret cupola detail was my fav in colour. You sure can get them Shermans on the money Mr Alpha.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
I have been admiring the spoke wheels on this Sherman. As I was poking around rctanks.de today, I ran across these: http://www.rctank.de/HL-SHERMAN-METAL-W ... l-bearings There are several versions available. Sass will be happy to see these, I am sure. We are not beholden to Mato for metal road wheels for the Sherman any longer.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:nice one old chap .......wot wot .......
Hey General Heat Image Thanks for the two Wots up :D ...and the tip on the Mato turret earlier...even if someone else pointed it out as well... It's the thought that counted most :thumbup:

Carpe Diem Sir Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:That second pic for me was the winner in black & white............and the turret cupola detail was my fav in colour. You sure can get them Shermans on the money Mr Alpha.
Thanks Herman... she was a pretty fulfilling build... I'm satisfied with the final result ...a little tired... but still happy with the overall finish
I have to say though it really isn't as detailed as Painless's 105...or any of the Shermans fynsdad has produced....but she is a reflection of the models in GIRLS UND PANZER
stay tuned for a family portrait... this time no protective eye wear required ;)

Cheers mate Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
I have been admiring the spoke wheels on this Sherman. As I was poking around rctanks.de today, I ran across these: http://www.rctank.de/HL-SHERMAN-METAL-W ... l-bearings There are several versions available. Sass will be happy to see these, I am sure. We are not beholden to Mato for metal road wheels for the Sherman any longer.
regards,
Painless
Hello ShermanMaster Painless...Thank you for the link... Yes I think Mike will like those...The ones I did are actually very easy to make..took less than an hour to do all twelve... maybe less if If I had removed them all at once lol...as I did them in pairs

All it took was a drill and a dremel with an engraving tip...really fast and easy ...didn't even have to chase the grind much...just used a squadron putty applicator with the pointed tip and reamed the edges

Thanks again for all the support advice and critiques... I really appreciate it Image

ALPHA
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi Alpha I love the build and the end result in the black and white shots are gorgeous. I have learnt a lot from watching this build. she greats
Have fun and play now
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

hawkeye3guns wrote:Hi Alpha I love the build and the end result in the black and white shots are gorgeous. I have learnt a lot from watching this build. she greats
Have fun and play now
regards Denzil
Greetings Hawkeye....glad you enjoyed what you saw...and were able to pick up something lol....in most cases not too many do... because I kind of model in reverse ..stripping the tank than building it up...it works for my purposes... following GIRLS UND PANZER and all ;)

Thanks for the kind words :D

Happy Tanking Hawkeye :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

fynsdad wrote:LOL you're not helping... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
....orrrrrr...there's always the scratchbuilt turret option... :S I'm off to lie down :haha: :haha: :haha:
Don't hate me for this fynsdad.... but look what I found Image
Photos of the 75

Partially skirted to boot ImageImageImage

Carpe Diem Sir Image

ALPHA

Return to “Sherman”