Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Panzer Spirit Build 2022 - ?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Your kicking the details out of the park mate :thumbup:
Anyone that has not done a Panther misses out on the myriad of finicky details that make a Panther what they are.
They are a very busy tank for a WW2 model.
Looking forward to the primer and finishing,
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I have been following your Jagdpanther build all along, and I certainly agree with the Bix as to the level of detailing. While a bit "off topic," I welcome your photos from "out the back door," too. It's the kind scene with which I am familiar from my travels on Amtrak.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

What a wonderful build, I have followed throughout and you have never disappointed me,
I wonder how much further you intend going before the end is completed. :think:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Gentlemen!
Apologies for the late reply. I was on the road all day yesterday, to Boulder\Longmont and back. Herman! Thank you and you as well, Herr Doctor! I've wanted to do this Dual Tank, Panzer Spirit Build for years so may as well make it something special with some extra effort and attention to detail applied. Herr, Doctor, we joke around the Household here that we live in a Postcard Paradise but there's no mistake. I know we are lucky to be able to sustainably live where we are. Jarndice! Thank you again for looking in! Aside from hooking up the Convoy light, it's all down to primer and paint for the Jagdpanther. Making up the figure of the Commander will then see this half of the Build complete. The Sherman presents it's own set of challenges. Most of the physical detailing on it is done but now I need to present ( in a method to allow running outdoors ) the addition of the special metal armor that will let it face off against Von Norden's Jagdpanther. More fun to follow along on.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Hi Painless,
well I have finally caught up with your Jagdpanther (and Sherman) build and, as usual with your builds, it doesn't disappoint - on the contrary, this is inspirational work and meticulous attention to detail that presents more than a few pointers for my own ongoing Panther project. I can see more clearly now what you meant regarding the tool boxes too. I would have likewise saved myself a lot of work by adapting the Taigen moulded tool boxes but, as you know, I didn't have that option because of the right-hand Infrared box conversion that I needed.
I also had the same dilemma regarding things like the jack block and l too opted to fashion a wooden one. As for the track pins and chains - crikey, I wish I'd have found those al pre-soldered, the Aber kit has no such option and is very fiddly overall. Lastly, I had the same issue with the muzzle brake (i.e. bore opening too large). However, my Taigen panther was an IR version so it was odd that Taigen used what seemed to me the BB barrel and muzzle brake version (?) Maybe they just put the same barrel and brake on either version which in some ways would make sense for them of course.

Anyway, fabulous work and I am certainty looking forward to the next updates........... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Doc Phibes!
Thank you for casting an eye upon the Fun had so far. Your Panther Build is inspirational ( inspired me to ramp up my efforts on this "Big Gun on Tracks" for sure ;0) The work on the muzzle brake was worth the time and effort. Opening not as small as the early version mounted on the Jagdpanther but not large like you would see on the BB model as you noticed. I am looking forward to the next set of pics from your Build. Something to be savored and learned from. Thank you again, Sir.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Time for an other Picture Heavy Update on this Dual Build. Both the Jagdpanther and the Sherman get a little attention. The Sherman is now basically complete. I have to paint the .50 cal and the Sherri figure then do a little weathering and apply the UV Overcoat and it is finished. The Jagpanther detailing is done but a far more comprehensive paint job awaits it as well as assembly and painting of the dreaded Commander, Von Norden. Well, enough rambling, on to what _has_ been done.
Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
The sole bits of stowage on this Found tank will be a couple of mg ammo cans.jpg
The sole bits of stowage on this Found tank will be a couple of mg ammo cans.jpg
Detailing that I had forgotten.jpg
Detailing that I had forgotten.jpg
Cured and cleaned up.jpg
Cured and cleaned up.jpg
Iced tea and modeling seem to go together especially in the Summer.jpg
Iced tea and modeling seem to go together especially in the Summer.jpg
A little solder and some tubing and convoy light illuminates...What is that other eerie, blue glow there....jpg
A little solder and some tubing and convoy light illuminates...What is that other eerie, blue glow there....jpg
Plug is a little tight going in but otherwise a perfect fit for that tiny socket.jpg
Plug is a little tight going in but otherwise a perfect fit for that tiny socket.jpg
Simple and Safe Tubing for Fragile Wiring....jpg
Simple and Safe Tubing for Fragile Wiring....jpg
Awaited 1mm Plugs for the Convoy Light.jpg
Awaited 1mm Plugs for the Convoy Light.jpg
A little fill in putty will need to cure before shaping.jpg
A little fill in putty will need to cure before shaping.jpg
Cut and Replace needs cleanup.jpg
Cut and Replace needs cleanup.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Continued from Above:
( Pics: Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Stock Tiger seat was cut and reconfigured to fit the MATO firewall in the Sherman.jpg
Stock Tiger seat was cut and reconfigured to fit the MATO firewall in the Sherman.jpg
To have the Sherri figure be the Driver ...  a seat will be required.jpg
To have the Sherri figure be the Driver ... a seat will be required.jpg
Getting ready to detail paint the Sherman.jpg
Getting ready to detail paint the Sherman.jpg
Helmet uses brass bits and leather cut to size for straps and also interior padding to make it fit the figure securely.jpg
Helmet uses brass bits and leather cut to size for straps and also interior padding to make it fit the figure securely.jpg
Sherman Wallpaper.jpg
Sherman Wallpaper.jpg
Good from any angle.jpg
Good from any angle.jpg
A closer look.jpg
A closer look.jpg
Once again I have seen bolts and wingnuts and went with bolts for a more solid solution.jpg
Once again I have seen bolts and wingnuts and went with bolts for a more solid solution.jpg
Brass to finish off MATO's spare track holders.jpg
Brass to finish off MATO's spare track holders.jpg
Making up a helmet for Sherri.jpg
Making up a helmet for Sherri.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Continued from Above:
( Pics: Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
A closer look at the detail painting.jpg
A closer look at the detail painting.jpg
Detailing done except for the Sherri Figure and the .50 cal M2.jpg
Detailing done except for the Sherri Figure and the .50 cal M2.jpg
Chains and hooks painted then on to more detail painting.jpg
Chains and hooks painted then on to more detail painting.jpg
Spare track retainers painted.jpg
Spare track retainers painted.jpg
Mounted with a spacer to give the seat and figure clearance.jpg
Mounted with a spacer to give the seat and figure clearance.jpg
Seldom seen but should be painted anyway.jpg
Seldom seen but should be painted anyway.jpg
Magnets are indispensable.jpg
Magnets are indispensable.jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening! Tonight, I did the paint for the M2 and lengthened the strapping on Sherri's helmet (and put up this huge post of Build Pics right above). Not much it seems but the meticulous paint on the 50 cal took a couple of hours (Pics of that and the helmet work in a later post). Onwards!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Jagdpanther”