New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: New 3D printer to the fold! ARRIVED!

Post by Max-U52 »

midlife306 wrote:Cheers Alwyn, I’ve something special to show you at the scout hutImageImage
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"...something special to show you at the scout hut"

I laughed my butt off when I read that, Wayne, because I know that if I were to say that, from the Good 'Ol U S of A, I just might get arrested! :haha: :haha: :haha:

The world can be a hilarious place sometimes, eh? 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Nah GARY, that’s fine over here, if I was to say ”do you want to see some puppies” I’d get locked up in the deepest dungeon
Cheers
Wayne

Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

So is this where we're going to introduce new printers? I have one. A Creality LD-001 SLA resin printer that I can't get to print. Well, it will print the test file that comes with it, but that's all. I made a video to send to creality to show them the problem, perhaps some of you fine gents will have some suggestions.

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a quick thought, the filename?

Is it:

testtire.png.zip

or

testtirepng.zip

I can't see your screen clearly in the video. A .png file is a compressed image file. If there is a full stop before it then the printer software won't be able to read it as it won't process a filename with two full stops in. The second one is a valid filename.

I've never used Fusion360, but is the slicer that you are using from them, or is it provided by Creality? I am just wondering whether you have an LD001 printer profile in the slicing software. If you don't then it is creating a CR10 print file, which the LD001 won't be able to read.

As you know, Cura and other slicers generate a Gcode file, not a .zip file. I am assuming that the LD001 can read and decompress a .zip file? If not then that would be where the problem may lie.

Beyond those suggestions, it's got me beat as everything else is hardware controlled. :/
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

They're listed testtire.pngzip

The slicing software was provided with the printer and is called 3d Creator. The way i understand things, all these SLA printers have their own proprietary slicing software and they're not compatible. I think something like Simplify3D might work, but that's $150. I did send Simplify3D an email to see if their slicing software is compatible with the LD-001. Another problem is that the LD-001 is still brand new and a lot of software doesn't know it exists.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Try changing it to

testtire.zip
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

No joy. The printer doesn't recognize it. I also tried testtirepng.zip and testtire.png and those didn't work either, Hopefully next week creality will send new software and it will work!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I must confess that I am surprised that it creates a .zip file in the first place, but maybe that is what it generates instead of gcode. It must then decompress the zip file within the printer.

The only way to tell is to look at the test file that they provide and see what the name and suffix are. I am curious as to how .png got in there as that is an image suffix.

Maybe just maybe, the filename should be

testtire.png
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Gary, at 2mins 20 sec into the video you set what you’re going to save the file as, you choose zip, what was the other option?
Cheers
Wayne

rochesb
Lance Corporal

Post by rochesb »

Looking at the printer spec and having viewed a couple of youtube videos about it I understand the LD001 supports wifi connections and has its own internal storage, have you tried sending your 'sliced' output directly to the printer ip address rather than writing to an SD card?

Return to “3D Printing”