Heng long T34 first images

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Heng long T34 first images

Post by ALPHA »

Phil wrote:TKcommander

Cut some off and shaped it to fit, I glued it in place with CA glue with a sprinkle of baking soda when the glue was still wet, which sets really hard and fills the gaps in the mesh to keep it in place. I'm thinking about using magnets to keep the cover in place instead of hinges but I'm unsure at the moment. Its going to have a red light at the back which is relatively easy using the front light pickup and run the wire to the back with a red LED in some sort of cover.

I'll have to try and do the big build stuff from now on as I have to have an eye operation soon, well about a month to two months time depending on the NHS as my left eye has Cataract that has been forming for a while, makes close up work a pain and typing on screen 3D! lol
Coming along great Phil... sorry to hear about the eyes.. hope they have good lasic surgeons there... a friend of mine just had her eyes done....she had a good doctor / surgeon... says it made a world of difference... :thumbup:

ALPHA
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

I’ve decided to replace the RX18 unit that comes with the T34 with an Italian Battle Unit 2 Full-Option (IBU2) is an electronic board that completely replaces the electronics of a RC tank, allowing it to battle with Tamiya IR, customize all sound effects, and use a standard 4 channel proportional transmitter (AM, FM or 2.4Ghz) to control the T34. In this case I’m using my DX6i 6 channel 2.4Ghz system.

First up is to cut all the posts and unwanted structure out of the hull that the other ESC was mounted on, I made new mounting posts with the bits I cut off.

I decided to move the on off switch and sound control from the bottom of the hull to top just under the front hatch to make it easy for me to reach. Had to make a quick scratch built raised holder made of plasticard for them.

Plenty of clearance for the turret and bottom of the BB gun to go up and down.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Now this is interesting stuff! I have day dreamed about swapping out the HL electronics in my tanks but always backed away once pics were shown of the spaghetti nests of wiring, chopping up the hull, etc... This seems like a moderate modified thing to do so will follow it carefully. Will that switch mount affect the sound coming out of your speaker, Phil and do you plan to build a speaker box for it?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Now this is interesting stuff! I have day dreamed about swapping out the HL electronics in my tanks but always backed away once pics were shown of the spaghetti nests of wiring, chopping up the hull, etc... This seems like a moderate modified thing to do so will follow it carefully. Will that switch mount affect the sound coming out of your speaker, Phil and do you plan to build a speaker box for it?
regards,
Painless
Hi Painless
Its a really easy fit and you just plug all the bits into the IBU2 no need to change any wiring, I will upload picture of the wiring later. My cable internet and TV are down at the moment (typing this from work be off line till Monday unless a bloody engineer can visit before then, can use my iphone but don't like that)

The Switch mod panel doesn't effect the sound as it can be turned up very load and when the hull is in place the hull acts like a big speaker box. I'll try a small box round it later and I'll post a video of it running etc.

I have the IR system that came with it, but this T34 is a BB version so its going to stay that way until they bring out a IR turret version then I'll swop out for that.

Speak soon

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Phil,
That's heartening to hear, Phil, about the simplicity of change-over. I am sorry to hear that network issues are bedeviling you, my friend. I'll watch for your video and hear the difference that the better speaker makes.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Beautiful work Phil, you have given me incentive to do more tweaking on mine. On the abundance of mesh solution is simple....more tanks!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Phil,
That's heartening to hear, Phil, about the simplicity of change-over. I am sorry to hear that network issues are bedeviling you, my friend. I'll watch for your video and hear the difference that the better speaker makes.
warm regards,
Painless
Hi Painless,

The IBU2 is an awesome piece of kit which adds great sounds to your tank. Here's a video of it in my WSN T34 using the standard cheap speaker and volume control.

Adding a decent speaker like the Visaton Phil has makes it even better.

Check out my You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg_0Ib ... Kvf6jYCM2g for examples of different tanks.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon, Ian,
That is completely amazing! I've got one of the early WSN T-34s and the only sound it has is that awful gunfire when you fire the main gun. This IBU2 would make quite the difference in the enjoyment of running that tank. I'll check out your other vids as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Painless,

The IBU2 is plug and play for Heng Long & Taigens, so the WSN will need rewiring to match the HL/Taigen. If your good with that then it's straight forward.

If you want more details check out my website (in my signature below) or PM me.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Ian,
That sounds good for the T-34 but not a rush. What sounds better is that my next Build after I complete this Sherman I'm working on is a KV-2 (Capture Version). That will require a HL KV-1 and Torro IR turret. That sounds like the perfect tank to start out using one of these IBU2s on. I'll be chatting with you about it.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “T-34”