TAIGEN PZ IV 4TH BATTLE OF KHARKOV 14 AUGUST 1943

Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: TAIGEN PZ IV 4TH BATTLE OF KHARKOV 14 AUGUST 1943

Post by Panzermechaniker »

. Exhaust looks great. Those big mufflers on the PZIV/JPIV are fun to rust and weather
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm From your first post, Bix: "'I've got a mission on to fabricate & fit a set or brass Schurzen to it." And most recently, "it’s growing on me I must admit." It's the Schürzen, Herman, the Schürzen. A long long time ago, some modeling company (Monogram?) here in the U.S. (and elsewhere?) put out a kit of a Panzer III or IV with Schürzen. I remember there was a choice of Schürzen with or without battle damage. I never had the kit, but I have remembered it ever since. So when I saw those durable brass Schürzen on the PzKfw. IV here, I went bananas. It's the Schürzen, I tell ya, it's the Schürzen. :crazy:

Hmm... maybe you should go into production: Das H. Bix Dauerhaftigeschürzenfabrik.
Yes, Monogram! One of the guys in high school built the PZIV with the schurzen, the Stug IV (III?), and the Sherman Calliope. He was all set to get the Wirbelwind, went to a party, discovered drugs, and that was that.

I think they came with painting/weathering/diorama instructions from Shep Payne which he definitely didn't use! Ahhhh, good times...

Mike.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ColemanCollector wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:38 pm
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:30 pm From your first post, Bix: "'I've got a mission on to fabricate & fit a set or brass Schurzen to it." And most recently, "it’s growing on me I must admit." It's the Schürzen, Herman, the Schürzen. A long long time ago, some modeling company (Monogram?) here in the U.S. (and elsewhere?) put out a kit of a Panzer III or IV with Schürzen. I remember there was a choice of Schürzen with or without battle damage. I never had the kit, but I have remembered it ever since. So when I saw those durable brass Schürzen on the PzKfw. IV here, I went bananas. It's the Schürzen, I tell ya, it's the Schürzen. :crazy:

Hmm... maybe you should go into production: Das H. Bix Dauerhaftigeschürzenfabrik.
Yes, Monogram! One of the guys in high school built the PZIV with the schurzen, the Stug IV (III?), and the Sherman Calliope. He was all set to get the Wirbelwind, went to a party, discovered drugs, and that was that.

I think they came with painting/weathering/diorama instructions from Shep Payne which he definitely didn't use! Ahhhh, good times...

Mike.

I was a Monogram builder too back in the day. Did a Pz IV and the Calliope , won a model shop competition for the Callipoe of all things !!
Also did a hand painted slogan on it "Momma was a Chevy" ............ahh the good ole days eh ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As for this PzIV, things are taking a better turn & I'm glad of that.
I sacrificed my old/first PzIV build- B11 at the altar of better quality & overall look of the Taigen.
It had all the missing ingredients that I simply did not have that I need to push this thru to the finish.

- Correct early style tracks with hollow guide horns
- Spare roadwheels
- tow ropes
- spare track links also with hollow guide horns to match the picture.

The lower and hull of B11 will be the base for a JPzIV Profeline conversion to replace the Tamiya one I parted with a while ago so its not lost entirely.
I may even use the turret and do a Panther command tank that is pictured on a train carriage in Russia.......... :shifty: :shh:

Been chucking bits on loose & seeing how it looks & whats needed to secure it all correctly, then I can weather it ;)

IMG_3619.jpeg
IMG_3619.jpeg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3624.jpeg
IMG_3624.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3625.jpeg
IMG_3625.jpeg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3626.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3627.jpeg
IMG_3627.jpeg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3628.jpeg
IMG_3628.jpeg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 146 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

8)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by jarndice on Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jack block :haha: :haha: :haha: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Oh yes sir I do believe you got there.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Ooooohhhh very nice!!!
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

That's a beauty
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Excellent. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Panzer IV”