Corporal

Re: Super P

Post by cupoftea »

Your weathering job is amazing Sir.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

cupoftea wrote:Your weathering job is amazing Sir.
Thank you, Cup!!

AI got it all back together, put the new steel tracks on it. Got all of the electrics working again, but I can not figure out the wiring of the recoil for the life of me. I have looked at many different schematics, but nothing is really working. I have the 8 pin turret connection wired into the IR sensor, the IR LEd and there are a two reds at the other end along with the wires for the recoil. Somehow, I have to find out how the recoil flash switch and all the other wires work together. The schematics I have looked at, leave me in the gray unfortunately.

A wise man once said.... "Dammit Jim, I'm an artist, not an electrician." :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
I can completely understand that particular Wise Man. ;o) Looking forward to seeing her in new shoes, my friend.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

This week I finished up the painting on the lower hull and suspension. I also added a link to the metal tracks that I purchased and mounted them. Boy did it add weight. I think the added support to the drive axle will help a lot with all that moving mass.

I also go the socket for the IR unit ( aka. R2D2) mounted in the hatch and ran a lot of the wires. But still have not had time to finish up the recoil wiring. Ugh.... A little more work and this one should be ready to roll.

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Pale,
Nothing to say, my Friend but WOW! ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

That looks great Palepainter. Really nicely done :thumbup:
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

looks something old boy wot wot .....
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sorry guys, but if you look at this from the perspective of "its a big -ass Sherman" then it looks like its driving with the turret backwards ! Drive sprokets at the front U.S.A. ! ? or did I miss an Ordinance Memo !!!!!(The next generation of American AFV's shall indeed be driven through the tracks by energy from the rear)
An outstanding example of thinking outside the square with research & technique to match.
Mr Pale - the hat is off.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Love this build sir I've now added a Pershing to the list of possible first tanks damn you :haha:
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

Thanks guys. I no longer own this one. :) It is in a good home being loved and given the attention that she needs.

Return to “Pershing”