T34 v Tiger PC Game

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
oztruck
Corporal

Re: T34 v Tiger PC Game

Post by oztruck »

Thanks AndyD but F5 doesn't do anything on mine. figured out the drivers position, F1 then 1 for driver then H to open hatch for a better view, but still no luck in the gunners position,#2 I can sit there but can't look thought the sight. I can get the gun to fire, go up and down, left and right even change what type of round I want to use and load it BUT I STILL CAN'T SEE ANYTHING :'(
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Here is my startup sequence (and I have to be quick in MP mode!) lol.

Firstly - Multi functional games controllers do not work with this game - use the keyboard.

The second the tank appears on the battlefield.
Space bar (handbrake off)
E (Start Engine)
* (Max revs)
Page Up (Commander takes control)
F1 (View)
F2 (Hatch Open)
Do a 360 degree sweep for other tanks
W (Engage first gear - then D/A to rotate tank in desired direction...head for the trees!)
F3 (Binoculars)
Home (Gunner takes control)
G (Auto detect enemy - cheating I know..but hey this is war)
If G doesn't work in MP mode it is because the host is a nasty piece of work and has set it up in Expert mode. lol. Everything is then manual and that means lightning quick reflexes to control the tank and gunner. Watch your back.

Swing the binoculars around so that they point where the gun is.
5/6 will turn the turret faster than the mouse
8/2 willl raise/lower the barrel faster than the mouse
Mouse is for fine adjustment
Gun sight will only appear if you have selected Home for gunner control, and then F3 for gunsight.
Keep practising switching between Gunner and Commander. If I am firing under manual control, I keep two fingers poised over the Home/Page Up keys.
Aim, click mouse, and hit the Page Up key immediately to see where the shell lands.
Tiger gun sights are misleading, the gunner sits to the left of the barrel, hence the shell will land to the right of the sight centre.

T34's overheat, once you are moving, reduce revs on down arrow to 1700 appx, and watch the gears (they stall). If you are under attack just hit the * key for instant max revs.
T34's weak spot is between the turret rear and the front of the drum. You can blast away at the front all day to no effect.
Tigers are slow, and cumbersome, especially the turret turn.
For faster turret turn, rotate the tank at the same time.
You will be very lucky to hit a target from a moving tank, stop, aim, fire, move, re-aim, fire etc.
Face your target.  The front is heavily armoured.

Programming Notes:
The developers knew that if they built perfect Tiger dynamics and perfect T34 dynamics then the Tiger would win every time. So they designed the best of the T34, and less than best Tiger. The lengths that they have gone to in order to reproduce real tanks is quite amazing.

Multiplayer for beginners:
If you can't join a game, check the ping rate. A ping is how long it takes for a round trip from your pc to the server and back. If it is over 50 I get no end of problems! It can take me an hour of Join/Refresh/Join to get in. Toggling F9 shows you what is going on, just toggle F9 off once you are in the game.

In MP mode the enemy tanks do not appear on the map, you have to find them before they find you. In Skirmish mode there could be 5 or 6 players in T34's and Tigers all trying to kill each other in the name of international relations. : ) The battlefields are huge, but there is always a central valley where most of the action takes place. Dodging through the forests to evade detection is a good idea, but I have been caught out many times by others doing the same.

There is an update patch MMP3 on the Lighthouse forum, if you use it you can only play against users who also have the patch. I don't use it.

Oh, and Lighthouse seems to have dropped the game/gone bust or something. However, the game was designed with open ended software, and comes with an editing tool. There are now freelance developers working on bug fixes and improvements to make this game what it has the potential to be. Eg One heck of a tank warfare sim.

Have fun

Rob G aka Tvt_Addiction on GameRanger
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

just bought the game from Amazon UK
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

The game arrived this morning and I can't get it to accept the product key
Jakeand
Private

Post by Jakeand »

BREL wrote: The game arrived this morning and I can't get it to accept the product key
Hi Brel,

Check: http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/f ... =21&t=2085

Regards

Jake
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

thanks For the link Jake, I have already emailed them the code and got an automated response. or is it that I have bought a twenty quid coaster
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You may never get an official response re the key code.

If it helps:

You need to enter the hyphens.
The key codes were badly printed, get a magnifying glass and take a close look at each character. Letters like R, P , H, I etc may have horizontal or vertical lines missing. This makes them look like different characters. Just keep trying different combinations, it does work eventually once you get the code right.

Also, once it has loaded, create a C:\TVT\Backup directory and copy all of the files from C:\Programs\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger into it.
There are free updates out there, namely MMP3 and Puffs script, that improve online play.
Standard and updated versions work fine, but for online play, they are not compatible, so it pays to have two versions on your pc that you can swap in and out as required.

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

thaks for your help Rob I have tried zeros and O's in place of each other and no joy as yet
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Can you get a macro photo of the code? I may be able to decipher it.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

I have managed to load the key but it is taking an age to load the game after I double click the desktop icon to start the game
also I am getting a greyed out screen with flashes of info and pictures on it if I touch any of the keys  on the key board

Return to “Games”