[ICE]monkeys 1/6 mark1 KT

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Saracen
Lance Corporal

Re: [ICE]monkeys 1/6 mark1 KT

Post by Saracen »

I've never handled an M1T KT but is this advice from the UKTC any good ?

http://www.uktank.org/phpbb3/viewtopic. ... 95&p=46790

Adrian.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Thanks Adrian,
Looks like they are stuck. I'm afraid if I try to hammer them off I might do a lot of damage. I will see what I can clean off without stripping. I think I will stick with armorteks. At least you can work on them.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Sorry John only just seen this , looking at giving mine a metal lower hull so this is a hurdle I've yet to face ,
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

spent some more time on her , ive cut the molded shell extraction hatch off and added a working one , the hinges i made from brass , then added the weld effect .
next was to cut the loaders sight cover off open up the roof and add a periscope made from plasticard
then add the weld detail to the replacement cupola
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Blimey things take ages to make at this scale ,I've just made the covers for the rectangle engine vents out of plasticard

Spent ages looking for the right scale mesh ,then I found it , my chainsaw visor mesh was ideal
Made a handle out of balsa for the axe , the clamps are from mike stannard , I get the kit option so I get to make them myself , more fun and saves the pennies :D
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Doesn't look like much but spent most my spare time building and fitting the tool clamps
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Update time, spent the last few days redoing the engine bay hatch it's a one piece moulding so I opened it up and made a new hatch from ply and cut of the moulded discs and reshaped them ,the hinges are from panzer werks ,I've just added the stops to them , the rest is scratch built , I fashioned the hatch retaining hook from aluminium and made the hinge from brass sheet and tube
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Hi there, great work on the Mark 1. Regarding the wheel removal. I had contacted mark 1 and was advised that the wheels are glueded on so a little heat to break down the glue and as he put it , a friendly hammer to remove the wheels. As its not my model i decided not to chance it and anyway renovation is already taken more time than i thought. I was able to remove the old paint without removing the wheels. I will start a new post with a second King Tiger.
I notice you have removed the side skirts. What were the mark 1 skirts made from. I am trying to source a set.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Hi John ,cheers for the reply, as to the side skirts they were moulded with the hull , but I've got a set made from steel to go on her , howard from the uk tank club made me a set , Mark 1 does sell steel upgrade ones but Howard makes them as well so I just cut out the middleman
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

spent five hours in the work shop today and only got this to show for it , I stuck two 2mm thick plasticard pieces together to give the scale thickness then cut and filed them to shape ,then cut two tubes, soldered them together, then made the pin from aluminium rod ,then added the chain

The day before I textured the exhaust armoured guard then made the lifting lugs , these are made from Allen head bolts that I filed down , then removed the moulded nuts added real ones, then added the cast numbers
Also added real nuts and bolts to the rear covers

Return to “Larger Scale Military”