Tamiya M26 Pershing MF 03 unit

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tamiya M26 Pershing MF 03 unit

Post by 971wright »

Hi There isnt anything wrong with the unit ,its the system The Pershing is Funny compared to all the others ,it has a start proceedure ,switch on rev the tank (better to do this on a block so the tracks are off the ground)once you have tick over ,go to full reverse and blip it (lift off and back to full reverse)Now the tank will move as normal.This is in the little book that comes with the tank.
This is why I got my Pershing for 150 pounds The guy selling it said it wouldnt drive,I had it running 5 mins from getting out of the box bargin.

regards pete
maintcoder
Private

Post by maintcoder »

I'll be watching this thread for the outcome as I have a Pershing on deck as my next project. :~
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Hi Everyone
Many thanks to everybody fo rthis one - now where IS that donkey picture ? You would have thought that with 30 odd years experience in R/C & modelling, that would have been enough to sort this problem out would you not ? However it would have helped TREMENDOUSLY if muggins here had bothered to THOROUGHLY read ALL the instructions ! That'll teach me ! Many thanks again guys - carrots are on me !
windpower (mark)
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by sparks »

Hi windpower,
Glad you got it sorted, you can change your sign in name to EEE-OR :haha:
We all learn something the hard way, but at least you've got a spare MF-03 unit, you could probably make a profit on e-Bay :thumbup:
sparks
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Hi sparks

Cheers mate , might even use it in my sherman - do the recoil mod. it's an ill wind at the end of the day.

windpower
windpower
Recruit

Post by windpower »

Hi Guys
Don't suppose for one minute anybody out there has got a spare "G" parts sprue for the Tamiya Pershing please ?

Thanks windpower
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Here is a shop that has them http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kata ... :3112.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or try here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jasons-Store/_ ... id=8173167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If he hasnt got them on e-bay send him a message and ask he may have them but not put them on e-bay yet.

regards pete
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by sparks »

Hi windpower,
I have the G parts spru, do you need the whole thing or a perticular piece ?
I bought it some tme ago when I first stripped down my Pershing after a bit of a knock that messed up the front suspension. I must have got it for a reason, but its been so long I can't remember what it is :crazy:
I will go over whats on it and try to remember what I wanted from it, let me know what you need.
sparks
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !

Return to “General Questions”