Wittmann's Tiger 007

[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Wittmann's Tiger 007

Post by [ICE]monkey »

Alan123 wrote:
[ICE]monkey wrote:very nice indeed, to get the photos to show all the image you have to resize them in photobucket
regards, cliff
Yeah, but no, but, yeah but what size? :)

I think they are already at 800x600, what do I need to go down to?

Alan
pass 800x600 should be fine
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

Fantastic build Alan it looks like you managed to get the real tank and took the pictures. :thumbup:
Stevie
majordisastor
Lance Corporal

Post by majordisastor »

Hi Alan,
Nice job on your Tiger - I am doing a slightly later model - looks like I will have a lot to measure up to !!

Andy
It always gets darkest before it goes completley black......
recoil
Recruit

Post by recoil »

Could you give some details on how you did the steel wheel conversion please?

Cheers,

Andy
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Post by fleshpedler »

Well done Alan ,as usual up to your superb standards,cracking vid .........look forward to your next project with bated breath............
Fleshy........................
DerStiervonScapaFlow
Lance Corporal

Post by DerStiervonScapaFlow »

Fantastc work dude! That Zim makes her look like a real old war dog! (love the way its chipped off in chunks) :thumbup:
Alan123
Recruit

Post by Alan123 »

recoil wrote:Could you give some details on how you did the steel wheel conversion please?

Cheers,

Andy
Hallo,

The wheels were made from Tamiya Kingtiger wheels, I found a great guide on how to do it on the American HEAT website.

What I would like to see though is for Asiatam to upgrade their Tiger steel road wheel set with ball bearing races as I was very pleasantly surprised with both their Kingtiger steel road wheel set and also their metal road wheel set for the Panther, both with 2x bearing races.

Hope this helps.

Alan
My Youtube Channel is worth a look if you like RC tanks http://www.youtube.com/user/alanundlilja
Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

First I want to say that the Tiger looks amazing. the effort you put into it really shows in the final product. Great work!
Second, I have a question about the wheels also. I have an Asiatam lower hull and have the Asiatm late wheels. They have given me headaches since day one! At a battle the other day i lost one and caused a track to get thrown. I never found the wheel in the deep brush and darkness. Now I want to know how I could use Wecohe late wheels on the asiatam chassis. do you have any ideas on this conversion?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Great looking tank. Will do a late tiger myself soon. What did you use for summaries. Do not know if anybody came back to you about photo size. I usually just reduce the first dimension to five hundred and let the other reduce in proportion.
Well done.
Alan123
Recruit

Post by Alan123 »

Hello,

@ Yellowshaker: I think to fit the WECOHE late roadwheels on a Asiatam lower hull you would have to use Tamiya suspension arms so that the diameters matched. I am not sure if the axles on the Asiatam and Tamiya models are the same. It is a shame that Asiatam do not make a steel road wheel set for the Tiger I with ball bearing etc like they do for the King Tiger. I am sure it will come one day and then I too will convert over as my conversion is ok but is still only brass bushes against metal shafts that fill with sand over time and do not work all that efficiently. As it is they stick and squeak a bit already.

@Johnf: What to you mean by summaries? I did get some help on the photo sizing but it meant downsizing my entire photo collection just for this one website, all other websites work fine. One thing I found though is that if you left click on a photo and choose show full size (or something similar) it will display correctly in a new window.

Cheers

AL
My Youtube Channel is worth a look if you like RC tanks http://www.youtube.com/user/alanundlilja

Return to “Tiger I”