Haya Australian Centurion Mk5/1

Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Haya Australian Centurion Mk5/1

Post by Estnische »

I cannot recall the specific comments, about the radio, but hit-and-miss programming and odd command combinations are some I recall. Mr Tank A Lot's video review of the Haya Cent has some of it.

Thanks for the head's up on John Whyte's tank.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good info Mr E, one thing though, do yourself a huge favor and get a 7.1s from Oz Armour Rc. It will give you the option of servo controlled elevation and recoil, as well as a mass of light control options.
The sound for a Cent while not perfect, as a Leo2 diesel should be good enough to hear & the offset is the functionality .

https://www.ozarmour.com.au/store/elect ... -tank.html
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Taking a first look into the electronics bag provided (minus the Clark board), and there are a bunch of cables and motors, most of which appear to come from the Heng Long catalogue. I plugged the components into my HL6.0 control board and I managed to get it to work without letting out the magic smoke. That said, I am still considering Herman’s suggestion of the HL7.1 board.

Before assembly starts, I’ll have to remodel the RMG housing in the mantlet. Going by the pics I have seen, it should be squarer than the oblong shape by Haya.

Here are the mantlet MGs from the inside. From here it is pretty straightforward to ID the 50 cal.

I am going to guess that the Haya MG mount is not square to due the mantlet assembly versus scaling issues - something Tongde managed to get reasonably close. I trimmed off the mantlet cover surround and added some side plastic. The second MG mounting was drilled out and filled with plastic scrap pieces, and plasticard was added to the sides and reprofiled. Naturally the mantlet cover surround will need to be remodelled later, but in the meantime casting texture was added by stippling Tamiya surfacer.

I also removed the bolt detailing that Haya have added to the loader’s periscope detail. I assume that Haya used a Mk3 converted to Mk5 specs as their model, and perhaps it is a British Army update for Mk3s. However I have yet to see a Vietnam Centurion with this bolted conversion so it had to go.

More next week.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Nice one Brett, I'll be watching this for sure! There's never been enough Aussie armour, and the Cent is such a damn good-looking subject too.
Estnische wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:45 amI will need to source two spares as carried on Aussie Cents for the front glacis, as I haven’t yet gone for the metal wheels.
I can sort some out for you, I can draw and print some spares with open boltholes and/or mounting brackets; whatever you need!
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Raminator wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:50 am I can sort some out for you, I can draw and print some spares with open boltholes and/or mounting brackets; whatever you need!
Thanks Ram - that would be awesome! Do you want me to send some dimensions?
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Yep, either that or you could post one of the plastic wheels to me to make sure they 100% match. I imagine the plastic and metal wheels are made using the same injection moulds. I'll see what I can do!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Send the wheels Mr E, the Print Ninja will nail it.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I’ve got Centurion two spare wheels for sale.

Check the for sale thread.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Dont forget each Haya wheel uses 2 wheel bearings. Either Plastic or Metal.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Majority of the parts for the conversion including.30 cal ammo cans.

viewtopic.php?t=34781

Return to “Centurion”