A Winter '23-'24 Group Build?

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: A Winter '23-'24 Group Build?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Im in if there's a raindrop running down a window with a hint of sun and a twist of lemon & a Westerly as seen from a bus in Queen Street.................. :shifty:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wow! Please keep the ideas coming. I am busy and have only my phone until Monday morning. On Monday I will try on my PC to coordinate some ideas so that we can then see if any combination works for us. Let’s above all keep it fun and supportive, helping one-another with ideas, techniques; soothing one-another when frustrated so we don’t resort to (too much) alcohol or suicide by 6 mm plastic BB. :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Today I copied your suggestions from above and correlated them so I could be respectful of your ideas. I found the following to be generally or even completely agreed upon:

First: (I admit that this is my only sine qua non): this is a cooperation in which we all do our best, learn and help one-another with our various skills and ideas so that we all have fun and end up pleased with the project.
Second: I see a great deal of concern among us to keep costs down. Yet we may define modest costs variously. Nonethless, our differences can be acceptable so long as we stick to the first objective.
Third: While the most favored idea is to start with an AFV already on hand, no one should be excluded for buying something new if nothing is on hand. However, there was a lot of agreement among us that the subject be WWII. As to which WWII AFV, there is openness.
Fourth: A winter camouflage is favored, but not exclusively. So this might be left open.
Fifth: We differ widely on the limits on detail and aftermarket parts.

To accommodate the five ends above, here are my suggestions for

INSTRUCTIONS

I. Understand that this is a cooperative group build. We will be ready to ask questions and to help others, always respectful of others’ greater or lesser experience, skill level, and financial resources.
II. Start with an RC WWII AFV you want to (re)build. The electronics and suspension are up to you.
III. The type of finish is open, from the way the AFV looked out the factory door to any authentic type of camouflage.
IV. Aftermarket and scratch-built parts are up to you, but not required.
V. The group build will last from 1 November 2023 to 30 April 2024.
VI. We will try to provide regular updates on our builds with photos.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Sounds good me. Thanks for getting this together Herr Doktor.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

it sounds cool, i still have the pz III chassis with a SU76i conversion kit (3D printed if you dont mind) and it would be great to put it in a wintercamo, so the idea is tempting
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jee wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:31 am it sounds cool, i still have the pz III chassis with a SU76i conversion kit (3D printed if you dont mind) and it would be great to put it in a wintercamo, so the idea is tempting
I dont mind if you send it to me mate !!!!! I'd love one of those.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:20 am
jee wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:31 am it sounds cool, i still have the pz III chassis with a SU76i conversion kit (3D printed if you dont mind) and it would be great to put it in a wintercamo, so the idea is tempting
I dont mind if you send it to me mate !!!!! I'd love one of those.
:D yes, i understand, but but but the whole thing is, I think they are cool too :D

I already suspected that there is a reason why I didnt continue this built, but it seems I was waiting for this :D

only downside for you will be you cant learn much from me, but I will learn a lot from you :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Thanks Jee, you want to do your PzKw III chassis with SU76i conversion in winter camouflage.
Bix, do you have any idea yet?
Me? :eh: I need to think this through. :think: ... maybe... :think: ...
Meter rat
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Meter rat »

Oh dear. That’s me scuppered then. I was going to make a start on the T72.
This means I “might” have to try to smuggle another Tiger, or Panther passed the eagle eyes of the mussis. I think she was getting me either a T90, or Leapard for Christmas.😇
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I, too, have contemporary and cold war tanks waiting for care. Is it feasible for you to get a WW II AFV? I sense that doing so wouldn’t break your heart. Is there some way to bribe the nice woman? @)

Return to “General Discussion”